A. Seemanni enclosures

Michael Ortiz

Arachnopeon
Hell I am very new to the care of my . A. seemanni. I would just like to know what the perfect enclosure would consist of. If anyone has some good photos that they would like to share it would be appreciated.

Krystal Anne

Arachnosquire
This species loves to dig and burrow so I provide mine with 7-8 inches of moist (not soaking wet) substrate, packed down.

I gave up on any plants/hides cause mine just loves being underground in his tunnel and always buried them :rolleyes: I have a large water dish always full with water though.

Pretty simple, just have that and your seemanni will be happy!

Michael Ortiz

Arachnopeon
This is the last molt. How much more growth can I expect. I got her/him from a pet store, they recived the T from a reptile show. Poor thing was in miserable conditions. I have yet to sex the T. Any thoughts on the best time to rehouse?

Attachments

Krystal Anne

Arachnosquire
This is the last molt. How much more growth can I expect. I got her/him from a pet store, they recived the T from a reptile show. Poor thing was in miserable conditions. I have yet to sex the T. Any thoughts on the best time to rehouse?
I would rehouse right away if possible. It would be good to first show us photos of the new enclosure you're setting up before moving your tarantula just in case there's anything else we can help with :)

As for growth, I believe they can get up to 5-6" DLS full grown so maybe a few more molts. I'm not 100% sure on the full size so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
As for growth, I believe they can get up to 5-6" DLS full grown so maybe a few more molts. I'm not 100% sure on the full size so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats right, some larger females might exceed 6" but thats the typical size range.

Bakerr

Arachnopeon
I keep mine in a terrestial enclosure (30x30x20) with slightly more than average substrate which is slightly moist. Have pre made a burrow using some cork bark and have decorated with a few fake plants and some moss, I have also included a water bowl for her. A.S 2.JPG

Michael Ortiz

Arachnopeon
I would rehouse right away if possible. It would be good to first show us photos of the new enclosure you're setting up before moving your tarantula just in case there's anything else we can help with :)

Phots of new enclosure

Attachments

Krystal Anne

Arachnosquire
Phots of new enclosure
It's quite big, but I think it could work! It's much better than the ExoTerra she was previously in. You definitely need waaay more substrate though, maybe up to here:
IMG_4924.JPG
Remember, this species likes really deep, moist substrate! Keep adding more and pack it down. Not only that, but having THAT much space is dangerous - your tarantula can get injured if she climbs and falls from that height, especially if she falls on those those hard objects/decorations in there. I would personally take those out but yeah.

Lastly, it looks like a fish tank, so if it has a mesh lid then I'd modify it with something like plexiglass with drilled holes because 1. The enclosure will dry out extremely fast with the mesh lid and 2. Your tarantula can get stuck and injured on the mesh lid. There are some awesome threads here that show how you can do these modifications.

This was better though! Glad to see you follow advice and try :)