A. Seemanni Building a Wall

JayJay15

Arachnopeon
Starting last week my A. Seemanni has been trying to build a wall? I was reading it might be to bright for her/him? Should I add more substrate (currently about 4.5-5 inches) for her to finish what she started. I keep her in a Medium Kritter keeper and all 3 sides are covered. The front in this case, is the side, so there isn't much light anyways? Or do you think its time for an upgrade she is about 3.5 to 4 inches? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Starting last week my A. Seemanni has been trying to build a wall? I was reading it might be to bright for her/him? . . . Or do you think its time for an upgrade she is about 3.5 to 4 inches? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Can you post a picture of her enclosure?

JayJay15

Arachnopeon
Some of her wall has fallen since I sprayed and fed, but it was about 1/2" higher then you see in the pictures. I felt a little bad.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Starting last week my A. Seemanni has been trying to build a wall? I was reading it might be to bright for her/him? Should I add more substrate (currently about 4.5-5 inches) for her to finish what she started. I keep her in a Medium Kritter keeper and all 3 sides are covered. The front in this case, is the side, so there isn't much light anyways? Or do you think its time for an upgrade she is about 3.5 to 4 inches?
I can't see how big she is relative to the enclosure (or how deep the substrate is relative to her), but if any horizontal dimension is less than 1.5x her leg span, it might be time to upgrade.

A. seemanni is a species that will appreciate deeper substrate, though what you have isn't necessarily inadequate.

Otherwise, I think she is just doing normal spiderscaping (moving substrate).