A sad day

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
Well today is a real sad day for me. After dropping off my daughter from daycare, I got home to the smell of something burning which was coming from my tarantula cabinet. Luckily it appeared that the fire had just started and I quickly started removing my tarantulas. Unfortunately I was not without casualties. I lost some tarantula very close to me, including one of my Xenethis sp blue males, my avicularia purpurea female, my female Brachypelma Emilia , my female N. tipeppii, and about 5 other tarantulas.

Blut und ehre

Arachnoknight
Jeeze!!
Sorry for your loss.....and am glad it wasn't any worse for you!!!
What kind of a heating unit were you using?? ...[maybe you can save someone else from this]

PerfectCircle

Arachnopeon
That's awful! And such beautiful tarantulas! Thank goodness you got there before it could of done major damage.
Same thing happened to a well known snake breeder and he lost the entire facility. Makes me nervous for my own snakes !
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Sorry for your loss ATLEAST you managed to minimise the damage by catching it early.

These are one of the reasons I'm skeptical about using heating equipment.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss ATLEAST you managed to minimise the damage by catching it early.

These are one of the reasons I'm skeptical about using heating equipment.
Yeah, what Jay said...I just don't think they need everything -exactly- like in their habitat (though close to is nice, temperature is not the bigges problem...).

And really sorry you lost those T's, man! :( That sucks.

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sorry man, it always stinks to lose one, let alone nine.

Spiderkyle

Arachnopeon
I'm so sorry to hear that :( I agree losing one is hard enough. I'm really glad I don't need a heating unit for that exact reason.