A ridiculous fear

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
After the losses last November, I'm afraid to leave my Ts for more than a couple of days at a time. Now that I know that I can seal moisture-dependent species in plastic bags to preserve humidity there's no reason I should have this problem again, but the fear lingers all the same.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
With my upcoming two week trip (16 day total, actually) that is a fear for me as well. I'm taking them to my intermediate host's house and leaving them in their care and hoping for the best. At least I'll be able to call and check on them instead of wondering how they are doing completely unattended at home. So now I am mainly stressing over the the three-hour transport.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
With my upcoming two week trip (16 day total, actually) that is a fear for me as well. I'm taking them to my intermediate host's house and leaving them in their care and hoping for the best. At least I'll be able to call and check on them instead of wondering how they are doing completely unattended at home. So now I am mainly stressing over the the three-hour transport.
What mode of transportation will you be using? If you're going by car, I wouldn't worry. I've driven to dealer locations to pick up spiders before and never experienced problems, although I totally understand where the fear comes from. The first time I was really concerned about what might happen if I had to slam on my breaks. I had visions of sling-vial projectiles being flung about the cabin. Easy solution though - place them on the floor of the vehicle. Or if you've got enough to stuff in a box, plop that baby in the back seat and strap it in with the seat belt like a car seat. Either way, your spiders are going to be as safe in the car as you are. :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I try to prevent that from happening [emoji14]
well we did too but she just leaped on the tongs and up our arms. noone expected it.. ofcourse we handled it calmly// i wasnt shook that it happened more of a "omg they realy do teleport!"

Last edited:

The wolf

Arachnolord
I have this irrational concern that one day I'll just wake up with a spontaneous case of arachnophobia and have to get rid of all my Ts. Every day I first check on my critters and I breathe a sigh of relief after confirming that they're still cute, not scary.

Has anyone else had this fear? :biggrin:
i have arachnophobia and yet i have many pet spiders i can pick most of them up although if suprised i will have a small heart attack taratulas are fine though and small spiders its the leggy medim ones that get me its taken me a long time to get to this point but i just love inverts

sasker

Arachnoprince
OP, congratulations! I think you are the first person in the world to have developed arachnophobiaphobia! ;)