Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi there im new here and this is my first thread
i have a female G.Rosea i want to mate with my RCF G.Rosea
but my female is acting weird she is not eating or moving
not even drinking she is just huddled up in a corner with her legs closed
she is not in pre-molt i've checked several times
her abdomen looks like a shriveled balloon any ideas?
also how do i post pics?

zes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do you have any idea how old she might be?
She sounds very dehydrated, try increasing the humidity maybe. Or even put her into an ICU..
Is her legs tucked below her or is it folded so the knees are covering her carapace?

Just to be sure, the water source is just basic water and not any gels right?

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well its sitting right next to its water bowl and at times it had its legs in the dish but it wolud be one of its side legs. What do you mean ICU? its just water and the age i got her a couple of months ago but she has bout a 4 inch leg span

zes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh to post a pic, click Manage Attachments, a window should pop up for you to upload your picture
ICU is basically a set up which is a small container lined with moist paper towels and a water dish. Its kept warm and dark.

I think it'll be best to post the picture first so more experienced people in the forum might be able to tell if it is necessary =)

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it wont let me post pics

but it has two dimples on the upper abdomen located near the carapace one on each side

hotguy92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
your pixs are prob to big try to resize them that might help.i agree put her in ICU it wont hurt to try....

hotguy92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how do you resize?
go to your pics in your computer open the ones you want to post there should be a tab that says crop---or resize click on that tab your pic should then be smaller then you can post.....;)

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i checked up on her today and she walked into her water bowl and drank so she is drinking but she is in new a tank something i forgot to disclose earlier. I have moved into a couple of tanks of over the last month because my place has been bombed. but she has spun a web or eaten . I know they are anorexic but she has adjusted her home yet i just put her in a ten gallon maybe too big?

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hasn't anyone noticed that this 'new user' has the same profile as 'mariamarie'? :rolleyes:

let's not feed the trolls.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
go to www.photobucket.com make an account, then up load your pictures and that the IMG link and paste it in the AB post this will link to the photobucket picture and we will see it in the thread

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just an update i have been following the advice you have mentioned and she is getting better . i believe her tank is too big so im going to switch her out but i just have successfully mated her with my RCF MM G.rosea for the very time it is very exciting he almost flipped her over. thank very much for the help

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
one more update she just molted but i think it was a close one because she did not lay a web and when she molted one her legs are bald. she changed color to like a sea green she just barely molted but my other G.rosea didnt turn that. i wonder if she is not a rosea.....