A nifty jumper

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Discovered hitch hiking on my hair. A tiny jumper. Maybe 3mm body length. It was completely an ultra bright yellow without the slightest variation except the eyes. Call it my imagination and/or the contrast but the main headlights appeared huge, glossy black and with perfect white rings around them. All it's other eyes were invisible and most likely the yellow color scheme. It reminded me of a crab spider that has been living on a prize winning yellow rose.
Gads I love jumpers in their myriad of custom exotic colorations.

Lucidd

Arachnoknight
Sounds like a beautiful spider! What is it with jumpers and hair? I have one that loves climbing in my hair! Maybe it looks like bizarre webbing to them.

The Snark

Old Timer
For me, it's impossible to even imagine what a jumper sees and thinks. With over 50% of it's brain cavity used by ocular circuits coupled to what is being revealed as a remarkable memory, it's brain defines the world around it in a completely different way than how humans perceive the world. A very rough analogy would be a human seeing with their skin and the skin having acute distance vision. Our skin utilizing the greatest dedicated portion of brain cells, but that is only a fraction of how much the jumper has vision wise. What do they really see? A human sees a tree across the road. A jumper sees individual leaves on a tree 100 yards away. We see a color spectrum, they see in a spectrum that has evolved along with their acute eyesight. My mind boggles. What is hair to the mind of a jumper?

Lucidd

Arachnoknight
That must be why I am so fascinated by watching them just look around! It is really something to see how observant they are of their entire environment. I can't be sure, but I was watching a jumper outdoors once and once an airplane flew overhead, the jumper tilted her head up to the sky and stared up there for a while. I wondered if she had spotted the plane. I notice when I bring the jumpers I have into the living room, the television catches their attention often. It's kinda neat to see them watching the tv.

The Snark

Old Timer
I watched jumpers on our porch roof as the tractors a half kilometer away in the fields went back and forth, briefly catching the spiders attention. A jumper looking up at a plane would probably be much like a human doing the same while looking through binoculars.

Shagg

Arachnopeon
I watched jumpers on our porch roof as the tractors a half kilometer away in the fields went back and forth, briefly catching the spiders attention. A jumper looking up at a plane would probably be much like a human doing the same while looking through binoculars.
I love watchin jumpers too, thats crazy about the tractors- I was unaware that salticids would track objects @ longer ranges. They're so darn perceptive