A Metallica...very little webbing?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I mentioned in a previous thread that my new A. Metallica is my first arboreal. I know that her set up is adequate and that she has everything she needs to do what a thriving avic does but in comparison to what I’ve seen from others, she hasn’t really done much webbing.

She hangs out on the wood or in/around the plant on top but not much else. I’ve only had her for a week so maybe she’s still getting comfortable?

I have little experience with avics as i’m new to the hobby and all of my other T’s are terrestrials and not heavy webbing species.

(apologies for the poor grammar/punctuation..it’s been a long day lol)

basin79

ArachnoGod
I mentioned in a previous thread that my new A. Metallica is my first arboreal. I know that her set up is adequate and that she has everything she needs to do what a thriving avic does but in comparison to what I’ve seen from others, she hasn’t really done much webbing.

She hangs out on the wood or in/around the plant on top but not much else. I’ve only had her for a week so maybe she’s still getting comfortable?

I have little experience with avics as i’m new to the hobby and all of my other T’s are terrestrials and not heavy webbing species.

(apologies for the poor grammar/punctuation..it’s been a long day lol)
My adult female Caribena versicolor didn't web outside her cork bark tube for a year or so. Then out of nowhere she webbed a platform making her cork bark tube entrance the "floor".

She went from this

to this out of nowhere.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
My adult female Caribena versicolor didn't web outside her cork bark tube for a year or so. Then out of nowhere she webbed a platform making her cork bark tube entrance the "floor".

She went from this

to this out of nowhere.
Awesome, though!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
While my slings webbed pretty quickly, both of my larger Avicularia avicularia took their sweet time webbing. When Skyler was in her temporary juvenile enclosure (a large Kritter Keeper), she didn't web much until she was about to molt, and then after she molted, she tore up the webbing.

About a month after I moved her into her adult enclosure a few years ago, she had webbed the inside of her treehouse. She periodically reinforces that webbing but has never made much webbing anywhere else, including the leafy cover around the treehouse.

tl;dnr: As long as the enclosure looks good, and the tarantula seems healthy, I would not worry about lazy webbers.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
While my slings webbed pretty quickly, both of my larger Avicularia avicularia took their sweet time webbing. When Skyler was in her temporary juvenile enclosure (a large Kritter Keeper), she didn't web much until she was about to molt, and then after she molted, she tore up the webbing.

About a month after I moved her into her adult enclosure a few years ago, she had webbed the inside of her treehouse. She periodically reinforces that webbing but has never made much webbing anywhere else, including the leafy cover around the treehouse.

tl;dnr: As long as the enclosure looks good, and the tarantula seems healthy, I would not worry about lazy webbers.
Good to know! And that’s a beautiful spider!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Avicularinae tend to web most when they're close to moulting, they don't really bother the rest of the time. I had the same as @basin79 with my C. versicolor, no webbing at all for the best part of a year and then she suddenly built a massive web tube.