A. Metallica leg bent upward after molt

Pacal

Arachnopeon
My A. Metallica is having trouble walking around with a few bent legs from her last molt. One of them is severely bent upward and it seems like she regenerated one as well. Which is strange because she wasn't missing that leg before her molt. She keeps putting her other leg over the bent one as if she's trying to straighten it out when she walks. It's been about 3 weeks since her molt and I'm not sure what to do. She haven't removed it herself.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I've heard of avics molting while hanging like that before, it doesn't seem too safe to me but if they survive then I guess they know what they're doing. Your avic will most likely just amputate the leg. When it does this don't worry about it bleeding out, they can stop the flow of hemolymph to the leg before ditching it. Only be worried if it's bleeding excessively and for a long time, then come back here.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've had an Avicularia metallica have leg issues like that, but they were smaller if that matters. It took a couple of moults to get completely back to normal, but they did. He is doing very well today.

Pacal

Arachnopeon
I've had an Avicularia metallica have leg issues like that, but they were smaller if that matters. It took a couple of moults to get completely back to normal, but they did. He is doing very well today.
That seems promising but it makes me wonder what if it happens again? She seems to like that spot and may very well molt there again. That's where she stays 90% of the time

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That seems promising but it makes me wonder what if it happens again? She seems to like that spot and may very well molt there again. That's where she stays 90% of the time
If she doesn't cast it off, it very well could happen again. I find that if they keep their damaged legs, it causes problems in future moults. It would definitely be my preference for them to remove them, but they sometimes don't.
It's been my experience that damage in one moult leads to problems with the next - the next moult is when they have dropped the leg. My guess is that the damage has caused them to get stuck and that is the point where the leg has been removed.

Pacal

Arachnopeon
If she doesn't cast it off, it very well could happen again. I find that if they keep their damaged legs, it causes problems in future moults. It would definitely be my preference for them to remove them, but they sometimes don't.
It's been my experience that damage in one moult leads to problems with the next - the next moult is when they have dropped the leg. My guess is that the damage has caused them to get stuck and that is the point where the leg has been removed.
That's so strange, she was perfectly fine before this molt. None of her legs had any issues. Here's a pic I coincidentally took 15 min before before that molt.

How long will she go before she decided to get rid of it? It's been getting in her way and she hasn't been able to properly move/climb for 3 weeks already.

Attachments

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
How long will she go before she decided to get rid of it? It's been getting in her way and she hasn't been able to properly move/climb for 3 weeks already.
I don't know how long. If mine have dropped a leg, it was done shortly after the moult - definitely not weeks after. But, some of mine have kept them and not discarded them at all.
This is my Lasiodora dificillis female. You can see that her front left leg is damaged from a previous moult. She didn't drop it.
DSC08613-2.jpg

This is her after moulting, where she has ended up removing that leg.
DSC08826-2.jpg

Pacal

Arachnopeon
I don't know how long. If mine have dropped a leg, it was done shortly after the moult - definitely not weeks after. But, some of mine have kept them and not discarded them at all.
This is my Lasiodora dificillis female. You can see that her front left leg is damaged from a previous moult. She didn't drop it.
View attachment 272135

This is her after moulting, where she has ended up removing that leg.
View attachment 272134
Wow that's amazing I wish mine would drop hers already. She's fumbling around and feel so bad for her