A.metalica pic's

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finally got some pic's of my A. metalica. I rehouse her/him today. Pretty sure its a male but no molt yet to be sure. It wonder's alot, has'nt webed a bit and eats very little. So, I figure its probably male.

Last edited:

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The wandering and not eating much only applies when it actually matures. From what I can see in the first pic, there are no boxing gloves.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I thought they done that before they matured. And no the palp's look pretty slim. Which would mean there is other reasons its not eating good. Have had it about a month. It's active and eats, just not much as you can tell. It's abdomen is very small. It will eat one cricket and kill the rest but wont eat them.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some more pic's. It was'nt in a very good mode. Nailed the tongs twice. I guess once a day is enough for him/her.

Last edited:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you dont think its a male any suggfstions as to why it isnt eating well are welcome. I got her from the pet store a month ago. Was'nt going to get her cause she looked half dead but I couldnt help myself. She/he actually looks better but still not eating well. I keep the cage moist and mist. Offer food every week.
So, like I said. Any thing else I should try I will. Thank's ahead for any input cause I dont know what else to try. I have gotten others that were in bad shape and within a month they are looking pretty good. This one doesnt seem to be showing alot of improvement so for.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're doing all you can do. Just keep offering food every week and keep a full water dish.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank's. It's color is nice and it's active. I would just feel better if it would eat better and fatten up a bit. I will have to wait and see what the next molt bring's I guess.
I did move him to a large kritter keeper. Had himin a ten gallon on end and he never left the top of the screen hardly. So we will see if that makes a difference. May have just been to much room for him to feel secure. That and I noticed if the crickets did'nt come to him he would'nt go after them.