A lovely trio!

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can anyone say elegans give away? :)
I can say it!: "Elegans give away" !! {D

Ooooh.....must watch boards carefully......hopefully you don't list the giveaway on a weekend.....I'm out of town every weekend this summer!

Ended up looking into these after your "New Lady" thread....they are just adorable little guys! I'll definitely be watching closely! Good luck with those sacs! :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That dude isn't locked up, he's just afraid of what may happen if he lets go:}

PIG-
4 hours + later the unlocked. He went back to his place and promptly made another sperm web and is now locked up with lady number 2! One more to go! :clap:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I'm curious, if they are already gravid, why are you mating them now?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm curious, if they are already gravid, why are you mating them now?
I am not to sure I understand your question.

OH never mind ok ok.

They have never been mated. But they are gravid. So they need to meet and mate with my male so I don't end up with a sac full of infertile eggs.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
gravid = in heat
Gravid: a pregnant female livebearer or female who is ready to lay eggs.
In heat: for a female animal, to be in heat is to be in a state of sexual excitement when she will accept sexual intercourse from a male.

In one word:
Gravid = pregnant
In heat = horny.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gravid: a pregnant female livebearer or female who is ready to lay eggs.
In heat: for a female animal, to be in heat is to be in a state of sexual excitement when she will accept sexual intercourse from a male.

In one word:
Gravid = pregnant
In heat = horny.
those are two words and you got them backwards:rolleyes:

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I mean one word for each. :) Do I got them backwards? Do these two terms apply to tarantulas differently or...?

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feel like I saw a mention of these being kept communally, like H. incei. Anyone ever heard of this/tried it?

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I mean one word for each. :) Do I got them backwards? Do these two terms apply to tarantulas differently or...?
that was a joke, you have to be in one circumstance to get to the other...get it:) I cant elaborate any more than that or the mods will hang me,lol

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
dovii88.................things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

88......very interesting. :rolleyes:

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Please keep us posted when the next generation hits the market.
My elegans was my first dwarf T, and I got her from James. I brought her to Preuss Tarantula Night when she was barely bigger than the period at the end of a sentence to show off how tiny she was, but still had her pattern.
Unfortunately she got stolen. Several days later she got returned to my place of business, but someone had put a live mint sprig in her vial in place of the little plastic pot leaf that was her original hiding place. She died a day later.:mad:
Now I'm hooked and dying to try a little communal set up, so let us all know when you have babies and if they're cheaper by the six pack!