1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A long story of tropical rainforests, giant centipedes, and one very bitchy teacher.

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Staehilomyces, Jun 29, 2017.

1. 7Fin

7Fin Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    I hate it when people are like this ;w;
    If she has some sort of extremely uncontrollable fear towards centipedes, I'd understand her wanting to kill it (wanting to burn it, I just don't get though). However, not regaining her senses and just trying to make herself look "better" by trying to humiliate and get the last word over one of her students is completely immature and unreasonable. I'm glad you handled it so well!

2. Staehilomyces

Staehilomyces Arachnobaron Active Member

I think once I get a tiger rubripes, and name it "poisonous insect" in her honour, my YouTube channel will be up and running by then (at the moment, it's being delayed by the winter causing my current rubripes to be buried practically 24/7, making it impossible to handle without stressing it), and I'll do a video detailing the backstory behind its name. I wonder how she'd react if she saw the video...

3. Nephila Edulis

Nephila Edulis Arachnoknight Active Member

Just going to add a tiger E. rubripes to my long list of centipedes I want to get :happy:

4. Staehilomyces

Update: I was chosen to give a speech in regards to the Cape York trip for the school assembly, and gave my speech yesterday. If this hadn't have angered the teacher enough, when I was giving a vote of thanks to the teachers who accompanied us on the trip, I gave no mention to her at all. Oh, the look on her face:p:p:p

5. Staehilomyces

Yeah...they're amazing pedes. Just don't name yours "poisonous insect" when you get it. That name is mine! On the plus side, my class is going on a biology field trip to Moreton Island, where the tiger rubripes is also present (they look a little different, with dark green heads). Here is a link to a photo of one found on the neighboring Stradbroke Island, which is so close to Moreton that is practically certain that they are present there as well: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/5136215
    What's more, is that the teachers accompanying us on this trip are biology teachers who know me personally, are well aware of my knowledge of these creatures, and who actually teach classes in my year (i.e. not classes that still use crayons and coloring pencils).

6. MossMan

MossMan Arachnopeon Active Member

That is amazing. You know she's gonna hate you for the rest of the time you're at school right? :D

7. Staehilomyces

I don't really care tbh. I'm in grade 11, on the other side of the campus from where she teaches, and I'm quite sure our year is a little sophisticated for someone who's only teaching experience is in grade 7 and below, so she really has no reason to come here.

8. MossMan

MossMan Arachnopeon Active Member

Lucky. A teacher I hated in grade 8 got moved up to grade 9 the same year I did. We didn't have many friendly exchanges

9. Staehilomyces

Yeah. She's literally the only teacher I hate in this school. I actually love it there. In addition, I'm about as scared of her moving into my grade as I would have been of being envenomated by my old Scolopendra morsitans (which is pretty much not at all), as there is a rather significant education level gap between the molecular biosciences, calculus and physical chemistry that I study, and the crayons and colouring books of her teaching experience.