A little Confused - Female Maturity

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an exuvia.

How can I tell if the spermatheca has hardened or sclerotized or whatever? This part is very confusing for me. I've been searching everywhere for the last few days and maybe I'm wording or spelling things incorrectly.

It's a C. cyaneopubescens around 4".

Someone has also told me to get a Q-tip and rub the MM pedipalps and web, then place near female to see if I get a response. Does that even work or am I just asking to get bitten?

Thank you for your responses.

---------- Post added 03-23-2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

DIDN'T MEAN TO POST THIS TWICE! SORRY! Computer hiccuped on me.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
You need to examine the molt to determine if the spermatheca has sclerotized, are they formed and easily visible? You can always post some pics of it if you're not sure. I haven't heard of rubbing the MM palps/web...you can just place a little bit of MM web in the female enclosure if you want, I've never bothered with that though (I just make sure to keep tongs and cup handy to get the MM out of there if needed), and haven't had a problem yet.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She molted again since I posted this thread (rather unexpectedly, too...). I traded off my male so he could be set off to good use. It would still be good to know exactly what I'm looking for. I know what I'm looking at, just not what special specifications it needs to have if that makes any sense.
Here's what I got:

While wet:

Dry:

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
From what've been told it's when it darkeness and looks more solid, less transparent. In your case I'd say she's close if not there. But, I'm not a breeder(yet) so take it with a grain of salt.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Any other opinions? I see how it looks kind of hard /formed on the top. Would it be the entire thing or is it just that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2