A Hard Lesson Learned

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
Yesterday in the parking lot of a local dollar store I saw the BIGGEST most beautiful jumping spider I may EVER see. Guessing Phiddipus Audax or similar sp.

No catch cup in the car...
I rush in the store grab some random sterilite. Pay. And I am out the door scouring the ground for this legendary spider.

Gone.

Maybe under someones vehicle.
Moral of the story.. always be prepared to catch that great white buffalo.

I'm gonna go mad hunting for one I know it. May Odd have mercy on my soul.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
true moral of the story: carry the spider in the store with you and let her pick out her new home :D

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I always keep glassine envelopes in my wallet... They're quite useful for containing things that cannot chew their way out immediately. Since they are flat containers, you do have to put something in like a sprig of soft plant to keep it from flattening your catch or you have inflate it a bit and be careful not to crush it in the meantime if you're putting something in it that isn't relatively flat like a butterfly.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
he was big enough to bite me and i was afraid to crush him. i have some clear pill bottles in my pockets 24/7 from now on 100emoji x4

Cheyenne Exotics

Arachnopeon
Dude just coax it on to your hand. I have caught dozens of this species from the wild and have never been bit. Even if you are bit the venom is super mild