A Happy Molt and A Sad Molt

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So after walling herself up for over a month, my juvie female T. apophysis has molted! I was so worried about her dehydrating while isolated, but she appears to be well. Pics to come when she emerges, but here's one of her baby pictures for now. :)

Unfortunately, my adult female G. pulchra also molted. She was bred last winter to a male owned by padkison (rest in peace, Perry). We had cooled her down and hoped for the best, but it just wasn't meant to be, I guess. I don't think she ever became gravid (Perry wasn't sure if he got an successful insert), but I can't help but take this with a bit more disappointment than usual. Not much would have made him happier than to be grand-daddy to a bunch of G. pulchra. :(

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So after walling herself up for over a month, my juvie female T. apophysis has molted! I was so worried about her dehydrating while isolated, but she appears to be well. Pics to come when she emerges, but here's one of her baby pictures for now. :)

Unfortunately, my adult female G. pulchra also molted. She was bred last winter to a male owned by padkison (rest in peace, Perry). We had cooled her down and hoped for the best, but it just wasn't meant to be, I guess. I don't think she ever became gravid (Perry wasn't sure if he got an successful insert), but I can't help but take this with a bit more disappointment than usual. Not much would have made him happier than to be grand-daddy to a bunch of G. pulchra. :(
Too bad we're not going to see pulchra's, especially since Perry was the grand dad! I have quite a few T's from him and am sad that he's no longer with us. I was just thinking about this last night as two B. albopilosums that I got from him a looong time ago molted and I was able to sex them both as female :) They were the first slings I ever purchased, and were about as big as a pea. Now they're big chunky curly girls. Not quite big enough to breed, but maybe in another year or two. Keep trying on the pulchra project though, there's never enough of them!

HKronos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful spiders, I am looking forward to seeing pics of your T apophysis when she finally chooses to emerge. Funny, I always have the same post-moult concerns with my Ts, naturally the waterdish seems teleport alittle closer to the spiders.