A Good Visable Tarantula Species?

mmfh

Arachnobaron
The ones I have that are always out and visibe are my G. pulchra, G. pulchripes, and A. seemanii

Spydr

Arachnopeon
What is it about the GBB's webbing you don't like? They tend to sit out on top of the webbing, so they are almost always easily visible and the webbing is really interesting.

Also, L. parahybana slings shouldn't be expensive, I only paid $5 for mine. They are also easy to raise from slings (so are GBBs) so nothing to worry about, getting one smaller.
the fact that in videos they have webbed tunnels and can go inside. also i can't find slings that cheap from the sites i regularly travel.

---------- Post added 11-08-2011 at 02:06 AM ----------

My most visible in order is my A. francki, P. pulcher, Avicularia sp., P. regalis, first 2 are always out. P. pulcher will sometimes run to her hide when disturbed, but other then that shes out. really cool spider, love her !
pulcher is fuzzydorable

---------- Post added 11-08-2011 at 02:13 AM ----------

loving the colors on this one N. chromatus. any ideas on it's display properties? one source says they don't hide too much. but i'd prefer experience with that from others.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
They do have web tunnels, but I honestly think I've seen mine in one....once, the last time it molted. They can be difficult to find and not overly cheap though.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They can be difficult to find and not overly cheap though.
Well worth it though :) C. cyaneopubescens is a great display spider and is one of the most beautiful species out there.

Shell

Staff member
Well worth it though :) C. cyaneopubescens is a great display spider and is one of the most beautiful species out there.
Agreed :) Mine is one of my favorite spiders.

Grin

Arachnoknight
N. chromatus is my favorite terrestrials.
right now i'm raising one that is .5", it never turns down a meal.
my friend has one that is 4" and is out alot, sometimes is in it's hide but sits in the opening.

B. boehmei are out alot and are very pretty as well.

Spydr

Arachnopeon
Also, L. parahybana slings shouldn't be expensive, I only paid $5 for mine. They are also easy to raise from slings (so are GBBs) so nothing to worry about, getting one smaller.
where are you getting your Lasiodora parahybana? i can't find cheap ones, but my research says they should be cheap.

Shell

Staff member
where are you getting your Lasiodora parahybana? i can't find cheap ones, but my research says they should be cheap.
Well, I'm in Canada so you can't order from anyone I use. Look at the classifieds on here, I've never seen them posted at expensive prices...

Edit* I just had a quick look, Ken has 1/4" slings for $10...Of course you will have to pay shipping. I'm sure if you look through the classifieds you will find others at comparable prices, they just aren't an expensive species.

Spydr

Arachnopeon
Well, I'm in Canada so you can't order from anyone I use. Look at the classifieds on here, I've never seen them posted at expensive prices...

Edit* I just had a quick look, Ken has 1/4" slings for $10...Of course you will have to pay shipping. I'm sure if you look through the classifieds you will find others at comparable prices, they just aren't an expensive species.
i always look to ken 1st, i trust him, ordered from him before, i did not see them at that price, will look again. also, i don't get on here much, so i was unaware this site had classifieds. this is helpful.

---------- Post added 11-08-2011 at 06:44 PM ----------

so, sense i've never raised s'lings, any advice on such a ridiculously tiny baby? i feel worried about such a small thing, so fragile.

Shell

Staff member
[/COLOR]so, sense i've never raised s'lings, any advice on such a ridiculously tiny baby? i feel worried about such a small thing, so fragile.
Just keep it in a small container (pill vial, deli cup etc) and rehouse as it grows. Keep part of the substrate damp and feed pinhead crickets or small prekilled crickets, or the leg of a larger cricket. Slings will scavenge so it's not hard to feed small slings. Once it hits about 2" it can have a small water dish. Pretty simple. :)

DflyBri

Arachnopeon
Nhandu chromatus. I love mine. She hid just a bit as a sling, but I can't get her to hide now if I try. She's got attitude, but isn't anything like an OBT. She kicks a little, and threat poses, but that's about it. Beautiful T and is ALWAYS out sitting ON TOP of her hide. First T I got and still one of my absolute faves!! She's got the most personality and is very interesting. :)

Spydr

Arachnopeon
Nhandu chromatus. I love mine. She hid just a bit as a sling, but I can't get her to hide now if I try. She's got attitude, but isn't anything like an OBT. She kicks a little, and threat poses, but that's about it. Beautiful T and is ALWAYS out sitting ON TOP of her hide. First T I got and still one of my absolute faves!! She's got the most personality and is very interesting. :)
my OBT was fine, slightly defensive if i touched her, but that's it.

---------- Post added 11-15-2011 at 02:34 PM ----------

and i find it hard to resist the colors of the Nhandu chromatus, but i'll have to read more to make sure yours isn't different, make sure they are all visible. can't risk a hider with my limited space.