A. geniculata pre-molt.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Maybe half inch to an inch, not sure at that size, my female was a little over 4" when I got her, first exuvia was 5", second was 6"
That's what I thought from a fast growing sp. well I'll know soon enough, I have a nice new enclosure for after the molt, lovely display sp.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
When I awoke this morning my A. geniculata was on her back, it looks like s/he's just flipped over as there are no signs of movement yet, I'll up-date when the process is finished, but great news, so that's been 8 days of pre - molt, that's pretty fast for a big juvenile.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
A quick up-date, my A. geniculata has flipped back onto it's legs, so that was about 2.5hrs from flipping onto it's back then molted, then flipped back, every time this happens I'm amazed at how much size they gain, all that mass inside the exuviae, I haven't measured anything yet, I'll wait until later to take some pictures etc.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Just had a quick look to see how it's getting on, the colours are outstanding, unfortunately it looks like the genic is munching on the molt, either that or it's holding onto it for dear life....lol.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
IMG_0745.JPG
My newly molted A. geniculata, with it's stunning new colours, check out those red setae, from being a bald coot to a red abdomened beauty, still have to sex the molt, I tried sexing the exuviae, it seemed like there was a little flap, which my pin kept catching on but it was very slight, so I'll wait until the next molt to be 100% on the sex.

TRection

Arachnoknight
Beautiful T you got there :) im happy to see the molt went well, Im dealing with the same thing with my A.Genic right now, Shes been in that "Black grape" state for about a week now but is still just chilling on her hide like she always does with no signs of actually molting any time soon haha

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Beautiful T you got there :) im happy to see the molt went well, Im dealing with the same thing with my A.Genic right now, Shes been in that "Black grape" state for about a week now but is still just chilling on her hide like she always does with no signs of actually molting any time soon haha
Your A. geniculata will web a molting mat about 24 hours prior to the molting process, then you'll know the molt won't be far off. Good luck and hope all goes well.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
IMG_0756.JPG

Here she is in her new enclosure, this was a few days ago, she took her first meal in my care today, I've not got any pictures of the feeding. Next time I'm going to record the attack, it was awesome.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I've had ten of them, all slings for a few months now, and I must say they are a very rewarding species to keep. Incredible takedowns even when they were just specs. Absurd growth rate and gosh, those colours coming in :astonished:
I absolutely love them. Watching a WWE match is dull compared to feeding these 'ravenous murdertanks' as @The Grym Reaper calls his.
I'm beginning to get a little worried about them growing so fast though, since I have ten. Might have to get them their own cabinet :D
For those of you wondering why I have ten...it was an offer. And I am Dutch. That's why :p