a couple species questions

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
We know how Hadrurus species are notorious for being difficult to raise to adulthood. Is this also true for the Heterometrus and Hadogenes species? Also, every price list I've seen sells Hadogenes as adults in the 4-6" range. This leads me to speculate that Hadogenes are rather difficult to breed. Am I way off in thinking this?

Bry

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Bry,

Heterometrus are snap to breed and raise. Basically, exactly the same as an emperor scorpion (P.imperator). Hadogenes is trickier to breed and raise, but far from impossible. To tell you the truth, I don't know why you so seldomly see CB babies available. I suppose nobody is doing it.

Cheers,
Dave

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks, dave. So, you would say that Hadogenes are less difficult to breed and raise than Hadrurus?

Bry

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Bry,

Lets put it this way -- the most succesful breeders in the world have been trying for the past few years to figure out how to keep Hadrurus past third instar with only spotty success. Hadogenes is like any other scorpion. Maybe a bit trickier, but it is regularily bred by these same people.

Cheers,
Dave