A concern...

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a male b. vagans, about 1.25 inches or so, and he hasn't eaten in about a month. He molted almost a month ago (I found the exuvia), and I tried to feed him a few days after that, and every few days since then, and he won't eat. He also won't come out of his tunnel. I have seen him once in the past month or so, and he was sticking a few legs out. I know he's still alive because I can see him through the bottom of the deli cup, and he moves around, but I don't get why he won't eat after a molt and why he won't come to the top of the dirt. I have another vagans, one of his sisters, and she acts normal (so I think). Should I be worried, or not? He's definitely alive and all, his butt doesn't seem to have shrunk, but he just won't eat.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spiders are as unpredictable as some people. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Especially seeing as the spider recently molted. Once the abdomen starts to noticably shrink then you have a problem.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Jacen is right, no need to worry unless the abdomen shrinks.:)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

i agree with what jacen said and as jwb121377 said only to worry if its abdomen shrinks, good luck!!

James

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm.. ok well I guess I'll just keep trying to feed him every few days. He still looks healthy, I just found it strange that he wasn't hungry even 3 weeks after he molted. :? I guess it's no issue, since his butt is still as big as ever :}