A chalcodes stress

RemyZee

Arachnosquire
Sadly, my girl passed away this morning. Since she had been fine until a week ago, I think it's likely she ruptured her abdomen, likely from a fall due to not quite enough substrate height. I found a small scab like structure on her underside this morning.
I feel like a total idiot, but at least I learned a few things. I've since made sure all my others have more than enough sub, and I now know how to drip water a tarantula.
Anyway folks, thank you for all your help and advice. I'm really going to miss her. :(

RemyZee

Arachnosquire
I looked at that spot again, and I noticed there was so substrate adhering to it, and it is extremely hard. Like a rock. I'm wondering if it was maybe some sort of cyst/growth. I'll peruse that thread and see if anything similar to her symptoms are listed.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I looked at that spot again, and I noticed there was so substrate adhering to it, and it is extremely hard. Like a rock. I'm wondering if it was maybe some sort of cyst/growth.
Did you take any pictures of the spot?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
No, but I still have her. She's frozen until I can get some ethenol to preserve her, so I can take pictures if you'd like to see it.
I don't know if I'd be much help if it's a cyst, but I'm sure there are some more experienced users who could offer some insight on whether it is an injury or a cyst.