1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A chalcodes stress

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by RemyZee, Sep 6, 2017.

1. RemyZee

RemyZee Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Advertisement
    Sadly, my girl passed away this morning. Since she had been fine until a week ago, I think it's likely she ruptured her abdomen, likely from a fall due to not quite enough substrate height. I found a small scab like structure on her underside this morning.
    I feel like a total idiot, but at least I learned a few things. I've since made sure all my others have more than enough sub, and I now know how to drip water a tarantula.
    Anyway folks, thank you for all your help and advice. I'm really going to miss her. :(

• Sad Sad x 2
  2. RemyZee

USA
    I looked at that spot again, and I noticed there was so substrate adhering to it, and it is extremely hard. Like a rock. I'm wondering if it was maybe some sort of cyst/growth. I'll peruse that thread and see if anything similar to her symptoms are listed.

3. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

Did you take any pictures of the spot?

4. RemyZee

USA
    No, but I still have her. She's frozen until I can get some ethenol to preserve her, so I can take pictures if you'd like to see it.

5. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

I don't know if I'd be much help if it's a cyst, but I'm sure there are some more experienced users who could offer some insight on whether it is an injury or a cyst.

• Like Like x 1