1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A. Avics really do like to jump

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by JNG, Jan 13, 2009.

1. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    just put a cricket in w/ my sling. it was sittin on the wall. cricket walked right under him. just when i thought "u moron", the thing dove all the way across 5inches and landed on top of the thing. pretty talented for that little, i guess. or at least i never seen it. (some already know this, but b4 u ask, yes its my first one, so everything it duz seems cool)

2. Boanerges

Boanerges Arachnodemon

Nice to see you are enjoying your avic :D

3. just watched my minatrix do it, twice!!! lol it missed the first time and hit a leaf ;P

4. Wonder Walrus

Wonder Walrus Arachnopeon

IL
    Yeah, mine decided to leap off my hand as I was raising him to put him back into his cage, he spread his legs and dropped around 4-5 feet. My experience was less fun and more OMG my avic may have just killed himself.

5. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

it was the first time i seen mine jump at all. or even eat. the first 2 times, it waited till i was gone first

6. ReMoVeR

ReMoVeR Arachnodemon

I have an Avic since last year's halloween and it has never jumped...yet.. xD i wish there were more videos with jumping avics... wich i only find 2 and it REALLY amazes me :D

//Tiago

7. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

i just found one on youtube. i couldnt video mine. i didnt even expect it to do that. i guess it just does it when it really wants to. or wants to get somewhere really bad. you see that vid on you tube i was talking about. where the dude has his hands apart to where it cant just step from one hand to another. so, it jumps?