A. Avic web?

jarkido

Arachnopeon
I have a A. Avic and i was wondering if they usually make webs on the tank walls or what because mine is not

Juvie about 1.5-2 inches

dydek

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I had a sling he/she webbed a lot for all its life. I picked one about 3" on reptile show and its choose to be a bum and just wander around the tank for month and a half now.

jarkido

Arachnopeon
So do you think from your experience that he/she will? or it just depends on the tarantulas personality because he/she is not eating either

Piddleysmith

Arachnopeon
avics normally make a web tunnel type thing. And how long after you purchased him/her did you try to feed her? Alot of people try to feed their T's the first day they get them without letting them settle in, then when they don't eat they automatically assume pre-molt.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Our A.avic is now a big adult female and is about six years old. She's webbed up the top 1/3rd of her vertical enclosure. This is the only avic we've owned out of about 75 T's over the years but I'm sure individuals all may act differently. My H.lividum I owned for years never did dig a deep tunnel or burrow like a typical Haplopelma but just used a hide I put in for her. You just never know!

jarkido

Arachnopeon
Well i have had him/her for almost a week and i was just waiting to see if he/she builds a web which i thought was typical but im guessing it just depends on your tarantula

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. avicularia doesn't web that much for an Avic anyways. Some do, but more often than not, they don't. Just care for her normally and don't be concerned, if the T decides to web, it'll do. If not, then it's fine, too.

dydek

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just checked on mine at there is so a little bit by temp so maybe he will stop being a bum. You just gotta be patient with them

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Had mine for a month before he ever made any sort of web. And even then, its more like the beginning of one. Mostly he just hangs out on his vertical cork bark or the glass sides. I dont know if he just got bored and decided to decorate or if he plans to use his web for something later on, but from what i've read, they're all different. some do it all the time, some never do. Cool thing about mine though is that in his tank, he doesn't do much, but when I handle him, or let him wander on the bed, he starts webbing and leaves a line of web like a true spider everywhere he goes from the second he comes out till he goes back in. Its like...trail of breadcrumbs. Pretty neat.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My 4" girl is one of the few Avics that is quite mean actually (yes, she bites) but I keep her in a 7"x7"x13" cage and she hasn't webbed anything up at all. There are a few strands of webbing on the artificial leaves, but that only because she got annoying by it and attached it to the wall. That's it. Has been in there for 3+ months and I figure she's just not wanting to web *shrugs*. So far, A. purpureas web the most of my Avics..