A. avic Temp and Humidity

caliburnmcsd

Arachnopeon
New T owner here, and I know this is probably a question that you guys are tired of seeing, but what is the proper temperature and humidity level to have my enclosure for my pink toe? Thanks for the help in advance!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-care.291340/

Temps:70+
Humidity: there is no special number or even range. There is only generalizations as tarantulas experience a large fluctuation in humidity in the wild due to spending alot of time in burrows. Thus, the only humidity levels you need to worry about are the most general. Low-->medium-->high. And Avicularia fall in "low", as they experience alot of breeze and ventilation in their tree top homes.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
I keep mine about 75-80
don't get goofed on by humidity, 'less you live in a desert it's not a concern. Just keep your guy watered and with lots of ventilation.

Petross

Tarantulaholic
Arachnosupporter
Hello, i keep all my slings and juvenile avics like this, they are not hard to keep, they just need a lot of fresh air, so be sure to make good cross ventilation.
I dont use any heat source for my tarantulas , so in the summer i usually have about 27°C and in winter about 22°C . They like higher humidity, but dont get the substrate completely soaked, it is better to spray your enclosure with water more often than over do it once a week.

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
As long as temps don't drop below 18°C then no heating is required.

Just disregard the word "humidity" altogether, it's not relevant to tarantula keeping, tarantulas cannot obtain moisture from the air and chasing arbitrary percentages will likely result in a dead Avic.

I keep slings on slightly moist substrate, juvies and adults should be kept mostly dry with a good sized water dish (I overflow the water dish to moisten about 1/4 of the sub and repeat once it fully dries out, spraying is a waste of time IMO).

Avicularinae sling setup.jpg
Avicularinae setup.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
New T owner here, and I know this is probably a question that you guys are tired of seeing, but what is the proper temperature and humidity level to have my enclosure for my pink toe? Thanks for the help in advance!
Search the forum. You could have searched and found the answer in less than 22 minutes.

Humidity not important

Temps 68 low/80F high, or 75 for a high is fine.