A. avic Sexing Based on Behavior

GrammostolaGuy

Arachnopeon
I've been curious about the sex of my 3" A. avic "girl" Claire for a while now, but haven't been able to get a great picture yet. I haven't seen any gloves or spurs either, though I'm probably not the greatest at finding them compared to more experienced keepers. I know that males are typically more active and are moving around frequently looking for a mate, and females are more sedentary. She's left her nest voluntarily once, that I've witnessed, since I got her 4 months ago, is this a hint at her being a female? I figure that her inactivity and overall mellowness might be more female attributes, or, I could be completely wrong and "she" could be a male. Anyone have any thoughts on this. Any help would be great! Thanks.

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As far as I'm aware males only get really super active once they have matured... that's when they really prowl. Up until then they can be low key as any other tarantula. I've personally never noticed a difference in activity between my female and male juvies of the same species.