A. Avic, one fang?

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Ok so that Avic that was in the deathcurl I took home, I just tried to feed him a prekilled cricket, he seemed very interested jumping on it immediately.... And then he fell, climbed right back up and tried to grab it again, he seemed to be struggling immensely with it. I noticed something when he bit it though, he only used one fang. After he bit, he turned around and walked off like he couldn't do anything more.. Is there a chance he only has one fang? I cant really see cause he doesn't sit in a position that I can see his underside. (Also would having only one fang hurt him?)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Yes its very possible. Feed him heavy this molt cycle and he should start to regenerate on the next.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
so he can still eat properly? Since I brought him back from the deathcurl he hasn't ate, this was my first attempt, and he's kinda just left the cricket after he bit it...

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
so he can still eat properly? Since I brought him back from the deathcurl he hasn't ate, this was my first attempt, and he's kinda just left the cricket after he bit it...
He should be able to eat with one fang, but if he is struggling, you may want to use somewhat smaller prey items than you would normally use.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Try and get a good look at his fangs, make sure they are there. If he cant get any food down it may be a sucking stomach issue.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Should I force him to show me, cause he doesn't ever leave the leaves/log, so I cant even see his underside.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
And he's in a stress curl most of the time, so I feel I should leave him alone for now, since it's a new home

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Should I force him to show me, cause he doesn't ever leave the leaves/log, so I cant even see his underside.
Try coaxing him out into a catch cup to get a better look.

One fang shouldn't be a problem though, I've had 2 tarantulas break one fang and they were fine (I don't know when in the moult cycles they broke them so the fact that I failed to notice until they flipped to moult should speak as to how they get on with just one fang). It should regenerate with the next moult although it might be slightly smaller than the good one.