*A.Avic Condition Setup?*

youngcrawler

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Everyone How's It Going.......Do You Own A Healthy A.Avic (pinktoe)....... If So I sure hope you wont mind sharing some of Your Current housing Conditions With me.......Im Currently Wondering IF the Substrate coulde be too dry as im using (exoterra) forest bark...100% Natural fir bark And only a thin layer should they have lots of substrate I switched from peat as it contained spring tails from a near scorpion cage!.....the plastic 19l container if 1 foot from a cement floor so a space heater is needed which is placed about 2feet from the container which drys the cage even more The temps Jump From 70/75 somewhere in there? Any help or advice on a healthy setup would help as this is my first T i want it to feel at home....... Oh and also i heard not to put a sponge in the water dish..why?..... thanlks once again any replys would be great!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give the avic something to climb on...maybe a peice of cork bark leaned up...a water dish is a must....JUST water no sponges they are full of bacteria...make sure the tank is well ventialted and peat moss or clean soil or echo earth are all ok for substate...

Regards, Mike

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i use corn husks which the petshop provides..only for my arboreals though..yea some cork or fake plants would do..

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We keep our's in tall mason jar's...And yes keep their cages well ventilated we have a piece of cork bark in their so there can climb and web on, An keep your water dish up off the ground cause since they are an arboreal species they'll rairly come down to drink.... hope this helps :D

firben

Arachnopeon
humidity should be high at periods.. make sure that the ventilation is good... they are used to rainy periods, but as they live on high branches, the air dries up quite fast...
Stale air is not good for them..
btw.. here is a picture of how i keep my A. avicularia... hope it helps :

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ventilation is the key to a happy avic. Humidity comes second.

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
geez thats good knowing, didn;t ventilation was so important for this species. I will be getting either a 10 cm or a 15 cm avic avic.