A anax rapid fire molts

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I posted a little while back about how this A anax had become very defensive overnight. Well, I came home the other day to find that it had molted again, only 2 months after tha last molt which had complications resulting in the loss of the tarsus and damage to the metatarsus up to the joint on r2 leg. 2 months is a rediculously short span for a 4" aphonopelma, especially when the last molt-span was about 9 months.

Well, apparently it just wanted it's foot back because it pushed the molt fast, fast, fast. It was nice in a way because this is the first time i've gotten an intact exuvium from that t. It was not as nice in another way because I now know he's a boy and probably no more than 2 molts out from maturity.

I've posted about this T before here...

Last edited:

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, Ethan..I just read your previous report about her and my jaw hit the keyboard!! :eek:

Our "Elizabeth" is about 4.5 -5" and is the sweetest thing you'd ever meet! We've taken her to shows and handled her in crowds...I even helped someone who'd never had the nerve to go NEAR a tarantula, hold her!

I sure hope yours calms down....I'd wish that everyone could have a T. as sexy and sweet as "Elizabeth"...:)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well thanks for replying Rochelle, I thought that just because i hadn't attached pics this one might go down the tubes with 0 replies, how embarrasing...

I haven't bothered her (i mean HIM, grrr) enough yet to test his temperament post molt. The r2 tarsus has returned albeit a little smaller than normal. This one used to be sweet as pie too. I guess it makes sense, I HATE it when I stub my toe... Maybe this guy will shape up once he's more solidified, the only way to tell is stick my finger in his face and say "Wanna taste?"