1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9 T's to feed with one Arm

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by AshS, Jun 13, 2018.

1. AshS

AshS Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    On Sunday I had an accident whilst mountain biking and ended up snapping my left collarbone. And now I have 9 hungry T's to feed with one Arm, any tips on this one?

2. When did they last eat? To make things easier you could just stick to watering. They should be fine without food for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight

Texas
    Phone a friend? Might be useful to have someone to hand you things or open/close enclosures.

Or just wait it out a little bit like Yager said, at least until you're more accustomed to using one arm for daily tasks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

I absolutely mangled my hand this time last year, managed to feed all of mine by myself without too much difficulty, the worst part was moving enclosures.

Just take your time, and maybe get someone to give you a hand if you need it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoworm Staff Member

Yeah, if these are adults we're talking about, they can go for quite some time without food. But as @Mirandarachnid said, just get some help. I'd mainly just ask them to stand by with a catch cup in case the need arises.

6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

You and @cold blood full of this common sense stuff! What kind of help is that! :rolleyes::cool: It's like you guys' are drinking the same Kool-Aid.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  7. StampFan

StampFan Arachnobaron Active Member

Calgary
    I think it depends on what kind of enclosures you're using and how you feed. Many of my enclosures have a feeding hatch of some type, could easily do it with one hand. Some of my others have decent enough sized holes that I can just drop a small feeder in through the hole and call it a day.

8. MetalMan2004

MetalMan2004 Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    And don’t do maintenance while on heavy pain killers. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. SkittleBunny

SkittleBunny Arachnosquire Classifieds User

TX
    Absolutely!! I always have my spouse in the same room with a catch cup and flashlight everytime I'm feeding or rehousing, in case anything makes a run for it. Extra hands help!

• Like Like x 1
  10. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoworm Staff Member

I just have my cat stand by :troll:

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. Vinny2915

Vinny2915 Arachnosquire

The real question.....do you have a video of said accident?

12. Mirandarachnid

Texas
    Very true! However, my Other has a bad habit of putting himself between me and the spiders. My most commonly used phrase while rehousing is, "No, baby.":hilarious:

My cat is so disinterested in my T's that I take it a little personally. Like, what? They're not cool enough for you? :shifty:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron

What if this happens to me?
    I live alone and there's no way my family would go near my spiders...

14. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

I would avoid mountain biking entirely if I were you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

When I read the thread title, I thought "One arm should be plenty to feed 9 spiders for quite some time, but I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with the boluses..."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Award Award x 2
  16. Mirandarachnid

Texas
    And there's the solution! Chop off the bum arm, and divide it between the T's.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

From Hannible Lecter's Guide to Tarantula Care

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Award Award x 1