9 T's to feed with one Arm

AshS

Arachnosquire
On Sunday I had an accident whilst mountain biking and ended up snapping my left collarbone. And now I have 9 hungry T's to feed with one Arm, any tips on this one?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
When did they last eat? To make things easier you could just stick to watering. They should be fine without food for a while.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Phone a friend? Might be useful to have someone to hand you things or open/close enclosures.

Or just wait it out a little bit like Yager said, at least until you're more accustomed to using one arm for daily tasks.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I absolutely mangled my hand this time last year, managed to feed all of mine by myself without too much difficulty, the worst part was moving enclosures.

Just take your time, and maybe get someone to give you a hand if you need it.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah, if these are adults we're talking about, they can go for quite some time without food. But as @Mirandarachnid said, just get some help. I'd mainly just ask them to stand by with a catch cup in case the need arises.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
On Sunday I had an accident whilst mountain biking and ended up snapping my left collarbone. And now I have 9 hungry T's to feed with one Arm, any tips on this one?
I think it depends on what kind of enclosures you're using and how you feed. Many of my enclosures have a feeding hatch of some type, could easily do it with one hand. Some of my others have decent enough sized holes that I can just drop a small feeder in through the hole and call it a day.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I'd mainly just ask them to stand by with a catch cup in case the need arises.
Absolutely!! I always have my spouse in the same room with a catch cup and flashlight everytime I'm feeding or rehousing, in case anything makes a run for it. Extra hands help!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Absolutely!! I always have my spouse in the same room with a catch cup and flashlight everytime I'm feeding or rehousing, in case anything makes a run for it. Extra hands help!
I just have my cat stand by :troll:

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I always have my spouse in the same room with a catch cup and flashlight everytime I'm feeding or rehousing, in case anything makes a run for it. Extra hands help!
Very true! However, my Other has a bad habit of putting himself between me and the spiders. My most commonly used phrase while rehousing is, "No, baby.":rofl:

I just have my cat stand by :troll:
My cat is so disinterested in my T's that I take it a little personally. Like, what? They're not cool enough for you? :shifty:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
What if this happens to me?
I live alone and there's no way my family would go near my spiders...

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
When I read the thread title, I thought "One arm should be plenty to feed 9 spiders for quite some time, but I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with the boluses..."