8 days shipment for a 3,5cm 0.1 GBB

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Hello !

I was just wondering as I am a bit worried, my GBB is still in shipment since 7 days. She should arrive tomorrow but it's been 7 days she've been shipped. It is not that cold in france, around 15-25°C, but delivery services made a mistake and sent the package to another post office. They should be back tomorrow if everything's fine.

How bad it is ? (she comes from Spidershop.pl)

Thanks

Last edited:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
If packaged well and temps haven't been too crazy i would expect it to have a good chance of survival.

boina

Lady of the mites
They generally know how to pack at Spidershop.pl and the temps haven't been too bad so I think it should be fine. I've had tarantulas survive for longer in transit and in worse weather.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Alright, thanks both of you. I will confirm her healthyness tomorrow if she's delivered at my home :)

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
I contacted the post services which told me they attempted to deliver at my main home, where my mom lives. She will stay at the post office one more night. I'm gonna catch a train today to get her tomorrow morning. I think that spidershop made a mistake by confounding my billing adress with my delivery adress which is not the same. Happens.. :) (since I am now studying in another city). Hope she will be alright !

So I shall bring some news tomorrow.

Have a nice day ! :)

Malo

Arachnopeon
How did you pay? Sometime with pay methods like Paypal, they only use the billing address on the Paypal account for delivery.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
How did you pay? Sometime with pay methods like Paypal, they only use the billing address on the Paypal account for delivery.
Indeed I paid with PayPal, but when you pass an order on their website, you have to chose a delivery address but they did not used it :/

Malo

Arachnopeon
Indeed I paid with PayPal, but when you pass an order on their website, you have to chose a delivery address but they did not used it :/
Jamie's in US requested a billing address as well during the order but there's a snippet advising that for Paypal they will not use it, only what is provided by Paypal. It's also detailed on the site's Shipping Policy, which was a very important part I read before ordering. I have no idea if it's the same for them (I assume it is) and whether or not they advise of that important factor (I can't read Polish).

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Jamie's in US requested a billing address as well during the order but there's a snippet advising that for Paypal they will not use it, only what is provided by Paypal. It's also detailed on the site's Shipping Policy, which was a very important part I read before ordering. I have no idea if it's the same for them (I assume it is) and whether or not they advise of that important factor (I can't read Polish).
Well that's my bad then. I wish that information would've been more visible on their website

Malo

Arachnopeon
Well that's my bad then. I wish that information would've been more visible on their website
I'm saying that information was present on a US website, not Spidershop.pl. I have no idea if it's present or not there because I can't read Polish.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
I'm saying that information was present on a US website, not Spidershop.pl. I have no idea if it's present or not there because I can't read Polish.
Yeah sure, but maybe it is the same, maybe not. But it won't change anything about that shipment now. It might just be a misunderstood

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
At 3,5 cm bodylength, a GBB is pretty much bulletproof in terms of needing water or food. They come from shrubland desert after all. Unless the postoffice soaked or dropkicked the box multiple times, it'll be just fine. :)

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
At 3,5 cm bodylength, a GBB is pretty much bulletproof in terms of needing water or food. They come from shrubland desert after all. Unless the postoffice soaked or dropkicked the box multiple times, it'll be just fine. :)
And you are just right! Here she is! No leg seems to be broke or disfonctioning but she seems a bit lethargic. She will rest now :)
1526714566160727997087.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
Glad it made it safe!

Keep in mind though...a GBB is a terrestrial species....it appears to be housed arboreally.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Well, I've put some branches to provide her anchor points but she finally decided to not settle on the floor. That was supposed to be a temporary setup to carry her until my apartment as I couldn't carry my exoterra but I think she'll stay in there for a molt or two..

But maybe there's not enough of floor space?

With time she might decide to go down, she've been in there for only 2 days. She explored all the enclosure but only made webs on top of it

20180520_231810.jpg 20180520_232516.jpg

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It's a bit cramped IMO. Especially with this species being quite skittish, you're at risk of her bolting out on you. This species is IMO a species that does better with more space and uses the whole terrarium.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
It's a bit cramped IMO. Especially with this species being quite skittish, you're at risk of her bolting out on you. This species is IMO a species that does better with more space and uses the whole terrarium.
When I came back home I rehoused her in her final terrarium to not have to do it later. She didn't webbed since but she ate. She frequently walk all around the enclosure but I've never seen her make webs. Maybe she needs time, it's been hard weeks for her :)
15270907771161401263116.jpg

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
When I came back home I rehoused her in her final terrarium to not have to do it later. She didn't webbed since but she ate. She frequently walk all around the enclosure but I've never seen her make webs. Maybe she needs time, it's been hard weeks for her :)
View attachment 276168
That's going to be gorgeous after she webs it over!
This species starts slow with webbing, they're not like E.murinus or H.incei in that they have it webbed over in a week. She just needs time to settle in, yes :)