7 molts and a death

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was pleasantly surprised last night at 7 molts from my Psalmopoeus irminia and cambridgei slings, man do they put on size! Then I noticed my poor little Psalmopoeus pulcher sitting on her corkbark, looking a little dry. I opened the top of the vial, and no movement. Touched a leg, dead. No death curl, just hunched up on her corkbark. Crap. This poor little (1/4") sling has never made a web, isn't the best eater, and has never molted for me. I've only had her a few months, but just has never seemed quite as vigorous or sturdy as my other Psalmo slings. Not sure if pulcher is more tender, but this one just didn't seem to get up and go. I'm sure that the vial getting drier than I like was what pushed her over the edge. She was my only pulcher too, and I really like this species. Cool looking slings. I will try again. On a lighter note, also got 3 molts from my GBB slings, and they're starting to show some nice blue. Definitely no failure to thrive with these bad boys!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on your molts, you'll have to throw up some pics! Sorry to hear about that pulcher, that's a crappy situation and I've been there, too. Good luck with them in the future, though, and don't give up on 'em!

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry about the pulcher, I had one for awhile and it was just as hardy as the cambridgie.
How big are the cambridgie you got from me? I only kept one and he is already 2" plus.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. cambridgei

sorry about the pulcher, I had one for awhile and it was just as hardy as the cambridgie.
How big are the cambridgie you got from me? I only kept one and he is already 2" plus.
They're Gi-Normous! Right about 2" as well and I love them! I can't believe how much size they put on after their last molt. They eat like horses and have the coolest tube webs. I'm going to rehouse them soon into taller acrylic cubes; that will be fun!

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh, and about those 7 molts . . .

I got home last night and was going to prep all of this weeks molts and see about some sexing, but um, where are they? I left them on my work table all laid out nice on paper towels, and they're all gone! There's the paper towels on the floor, and there's my dog looking um, guilty as sin! She ATE all 7 molts! What a freak! She also eats mealworms and crickets if she can get at them. Lucky I've got locks on my roach bins! Ewwww. I hope her mouth itches something fierce! It's good she's cute.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, what a naughty dog:) I keep all my molts up high as I'm sure my dogs would eat them too.
I need to rehouse my cambridgie too, not really looking forward to that.