6x6 DIY build

Nicodemus

Arachnopeon
I recently decided to try my hand at making some acrylic enclosures. This is the end result of the first one. Overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out and just wanted to share. I definitely created some defects on the surface with the adhesive as its probably the hardest part of the process.

I wanted to start simple that's why I went with just a 6x6x6. I will need to build several more of different sizes and arboreal / terrestrial designs so I'm sure I will only get better. Thanks for checking it out! :)

Attachments

Nicodemus

Arachnopeon
Thanks man! I am definitely very happy with how they turned out. :)

I ended up with 4 of these 6x6's with the sheet of acrylic I had. I even completely jacked up a rip cut the entire length so I lost a bit of material. I could have easily made a 5th one had I not done that. I also by the third build figured out some nifty tricks to control the adhesive so the edges are much cleaner. I think the sheet was 45 bucks so really not bad at all.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks man! I am definitely very happy with how they turned out. :)

I ended up with 4 of these 6x6's with the sheet of acrylic I had. I even completely jacked up a rip cut the entire length so I lost a bit of material. I could have easily made a 5th one had I not done that. I also by the third build figured out some nifty tricks to control the adhesive so the edges are much cleaner. I think the sheet was 45 bucks so really not bad at all.
Those are nice. Mind you I cannot see the chemical welds or the drilling etc, to see how clean everything else, but from what I see, certainly would make me come to your table if you were a vendor at a show.

Let us know when you start selling these for a lesser price than what most charge.

Nicodemus

Arachnopeon
I actually have been thinking about doing something like that. I have a few females I would like to try to pair up in the future and if I could get a sac I figured I would hold back a few slings and look into a table bringing a species or two and some enclosures. If nothing else it would be a fun experience.

The seams aren't the greatest in the world but like I said I am getting that dialed in quickly. A few more builds and I don't see those being an issue anymore as long as I stay patient during the build. The holes are actually superb, I used a drill press and some bits designed for acrylic that were from a plastic fabrication company and it worked amazingly. :)

Nicodemus

Arachnopeon
The thickness of these is 1/8''. I think for any bigger than these I would forsure want thicker acrylic.