3D-printed ant feeders for Velvet Ants?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
0A352FE1-AB38-4CB1-AD9C-26490022EE05.png In the past, I have successfully offered my velvet ants several food sources:

Diluted honey in a small dish (eagerly accepted, but the beetles would walk in it and get sticky.)

Juicy fruit, such as grape halves, cantaloupe, etc.: (eagerly accepted, dries out quickly and not always available)

DIY bug jelly (eagerly accepted, the beetles like it too, but dries out after a day or so.)

Repashy Bug Burger: (accepted in small quantities, but probably not suitable for a staple diet for velvet ants)

I will continue to offer all of the foods above, but I want to try a liquid food dispenser intended for ants.
These will allow me to offer both water and liquid nectar, especially useful for an office setting during the weekend.
My main concern is that I am not sure whether the small feeding holes will be accessible to the relatively large velvet ants. I suspect they will work just fine, but I wanted to know if any of you had tried them.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think that's a really cool idea. They feed using their proboscis, so they can probably fit it into fairly small holes.

davehuth

Arachnoknight
Rus this is a FABULOUS set up, thanks for sharing it, I'm trying to find better ways to keep my velvet ant.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DBB82E7F-FFD7-4F72-A85A-1239DD45A94D.jpeg UPDATE:
I was worried that the velvet ants would not figure out the feeders, but at least one of them is starting to use it, as seen in the pic.
Success!!