3D Enclosure Paint

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Any non-toxic paint recommended for creating 3d background as well as water dish? I'm planning to make a 3d background for may scorpions. Thanks!

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Just ask in your local shop. Imo even toxic paint will be ok for scorpions if you let it dry long enough (until you cant smell it anymore).But if you don't want any risk ask for non toxic stuff. About water dish you may need some extra water protection, like liquid foil, or waterproof lacquer.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Eco Flow paint, Leather Factory carries it, is what I used on some hides. Non toxic, water soluble and thinned enough, sprays well in an airbrush. Comes in a variety of colors or mix together to create the shade you want. Give it at least 48 hours, or longer, to dry completely.
The water dish, paint with Eco Flow, then coat with Acrylic Resolene. Resolene is also non toxic and water soluble, also carried by the Leather Factory. In a high humidity region, Phillipines, I'd give it at least 4-5 days to thoroughly dry. Once dry, its water repellent, and clear. I use it on custom leather belts so its flexible and doesn't flake off.

Last edited: