2nd time pet snake species

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You can't go wrong with a Hognose. They are chocked full of personality, dead easy to care for, and don't get very large. Plus, they are simply adorable.
DSC03406-1.jpg

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
Did you recommend Drymarchon to a complete newbie? That's a terrible suggestion.

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
They get huge, are extremely messy, eat an insane amount and are typically fairly grumpy. They are also a species that require a fairly varied diet to keep healthy and not obese. Quails, rodents, frogs, snakes, even fish. They are a lot to deal with, and I fear not suited to someone not fairly advanced in keeping.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I know this is old but I used to have a bullsnake named Bonnie. She was fun. She hissed alot but she was fun and pretty reluctant to bite. Not a snake I would let run around the living room cus she was fast but she would craw under my shirt while I was lounging around the house

14pokies

Arachnoprince
They get huge, are extremely messy, eat an insane amount and are typically fairly grumpy. They are also a species that require a fairly varied diet to keep healthy and not obese. Quails, rodents, frogs, snakes, even fish. They are a lot to deal with, and I fear not suited to someone not fairly advanced in keeping.
Depends on the keeper.. If they do research and stay active on forums the right newer keeper can handle them IMO. All these animals we keep are an investment in time, patience ,resources etc.. They aren't venoumous or a constrictor and the care isn't rocket science not even close.. Frilled lizards aren't "beginner" species but my 13yr old Son has raised his by himself for 2yrs now he gets his advice from me and his own independent research. It's doing phenomenal. My Nephews first snake was a 6+ft W/C spilotes sp.( only thing I helped him with physically was picking off the ticks) His second a 27pd P. brongersmai, his third a purple albino retic.. I could go on for days with examples like this. It all depends on the keepers level of commitment and maturity.

Alien_Regalis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dumerils will take adult rats when they are full grown, same as your ball python.

If you don't want to feed rats at all and stick with mice, look into rosy boas and sand boas.
Heck yeah! Dum's would be a really good choice and they almost never bite! Great snakes.

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
HAHAHAHHA. This post was awhile ago and i'm somewhat less stupid now. As of today the snakes I have are 5 ball pythons, 1 Brazilian rainbow boa and an adult BCI Boa.
Thanks for helping me out everyone! I plan to get Hognoses and breed balls this year.