Answered 20 informational posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
How do we know what mods count as "informational"? How can we tell how many posts we have made that mods approve of and how many more posts we have to create to be able to have access? Upon submitting the 20 posts, do our accounts last 30 days until we have to post 20 again or what's the duration upon completion? Also, does posting pictures of Tarantula species, sexing, etc. count as an informational post or does it strictly have to be text? I apologize for so many questions but figured it best to get them all out in one post. Thanks! :)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Please note, the requirements for active status are currently under review. Please post constructive suggestions in this thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/active-member-clarification.279726/

This is one of those posts that I haven't gotten around to making yet, but here's a quick list.

• Forums that count towards your post count:
    • welcome to arachnoboards
    • troubleshooting/suggestions
    • tarantula questions and discussions
    • tarantula pictures
    • Other Arachnopets forums
    • Housing forums
    • Animal Excursion Forums
    • Through the Lens.
As for what counts, if it's posted in one of those forums, then it counts. If we see that you're doing nothing but posting a bunch of "Fluff" (ex: "me too" "I agree" "that's great", etc.) to get your post count up to become an active member, we'll delete your posts and block you from becoming one.

As long as you have 20 posts that counted in the past 720 hours, you will retain "active membership". As soon as a post falls out of that 720 hour window, it will no longer count. For example, if the post by Casey was post number 20, at 10:20 pm 30 days from now Casey K's post will not count towards the 20 anymore. If she has not made any other posts, she would lose active member status until she makes 1 more post.

The content of the posts doesn't matter (other than don't just post "fluff" ;) ), but they do have to be in one of the forums mentioned above.

We're looking for people to give back to the community by participating. By doing so, you're granted extra abilities that those who don't participate will not receive.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Well, MrD and Co. are sort of treading a tightrope for lack of a better term, trying to emulate a combination of Machiavelli, Solomon and Dag Hammarskjöld. They could easily end up getting called on to make dozens of judgement decisions. A significant effort of one person may seem like fluff compared to what others contribute.

So if retaining active member status is important to you, just do your best to fulfill the requirements. The AB admins aren't fascist rule mongering fanatics and will likely err on the side of tolerance. Additionally, if you feel you have done your best to meet those requirements but are lacking, by all means drop them a note and plead your case.

This is a learning curve for the AB admins and they may be tweaking things around in the future. Bear with them and keep the spirit and intents of AB in mind. They aren't out to stomp on people, just maintain a certain standard.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Well, MrD and Co. are sort of treading a tightrope for lack of a better term, trying to emulate a combination of Machiavelli, Solomon and Dag Hammarskjöld. They could easily end up getting called on to make dozens of judgement decisions. A significant effort of one person may seem like fluff compared to what others contribute.

So if retaining active member status is important to you, just do your best to fulfill the requirements. The AB admins aren't fascist rule mongering fanatics and will likely err on the side of tolerance. Additionally, if you feel you have done your best to meet those requirements but are lacking, by all means drop them a note and plead your case.

This is a learning curve for the AB admins and they may be tweaking things around in the future. Bear with them and keep the spirit and intents of AB in mind. They aren't out to stomp on people, just maintain a certain standard.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that would waste the mods time or space on AB. I believe quite a few members on AB needed these questions answered. I feel it a contribution to get them answered by one individual so the entire community can read them rather than multiple persons asking the same questions repeatedly.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Please note, the requirements for active status are currently under review. Please post constructive suggestions in this thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/active-member-clarification.279726/

This is one of those posts that I haven't gotten around to making yet, but here's a quick list.

• Forums that count towards your post count:
    • welcome to arachnoboards
    • troubleshooting/suggestions
    • tarantula questions and discussions
    • tarantula pictures
    • Other Arachnopets forums
    • Housing forums
    • Animal Excursion Forums
    • Through the Lens.
As for what counts, if it's posted in one of those forums, then it counts. If we see that you're doing nothing but posting a bunch of "Fluff" (ex: "me too" "I agree" "that's great", etc.) to get your post count up to become an active member, we'll delete your posts and block you from becoming one.

As long as you have 20 posts that counted in the past 720 hours, you will retain "active membership". As soon as a post falls out of that 720 hour window, it will no longer count. For example, if the post by Casey was post number 20, at 10:20 pm 30 days from now Casey K's post will not count towards the 20 anymore. If she has not made any other posts, she would lose active member status until she makes 1 more post.

The content of the posts doesn't matter (other than don't just post "fluff" ;) ), but they do have to be in one of the forums mentioned above.

We're looking for people to give back to the community by participating. By doing so, you're granted extra abilities that those who don't participate will not receive.
Thank you for the answer. Helped tremendously. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.