2 new additions

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Picked up 2 new additions today while grabbing a exo terra misting disc

This first guy needs no introduction. I guess this tiny little GBB makes the first "sling" I have owned. I couldn't believe how tiny it was.

2nd isn't a tarantula but a cool little trap door spider. I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a one off spider so I just posted it here with the other. I got it 50% off with the purchase of the GBB. When I opened the door to get a pic he came up and literally grabbed it, slammed it shut and HELD it shut. Tough little fella!!! They called it a or black trap door spider or "stasimopus gargyolla" (thats their exact spelling of it) but I can't find info on that name anywhere. That will be a post for true spiders if he ever comes all the way out of the burrow so I can get a full pic for ID. Strange they didn't have this one labeled. They had all the T's scientifically labelled...and correctly too.

Attachments

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sweet gbb and sweet trap! You can be pretty certain that the black trap isn't a "stasimopus gargyolla" because Stasimopus and Gorgyrella are both genus. Traps are cool, they can be feisty lil buggers.

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, yeah mine doesn't seem to be too feisty...yet. Its funny because when he comes up and slams the door in my face he just walk up the burrow all cool & calm them SLAM{D

I bought that one because the pet store said all trap doors make webs with "spokes" like this one...
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=6487&catid=newimages
They could have siad that just for the sale but can I expect to see the "spokes" like the picture or is that only the liphistus that does that??

**I also know this is a T forum so this is only question on this one**

Last edited:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice additions. You are gonna love the GBB, top spider :D

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually I'm not really getting much interest in the GBB right now but I know for a fact thats going to change once it starts getting it's REAL colors. Im really taking a liking to this trap door though. I hope I don't lose my interest in T's for trap doors....HAHA yeah right!!!
In GBB's defence though took its first cricket while in my care about half an hour ago right from a pair of tweezers. Crickets head was crushed of course.

Attachments

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I didn't notice this till I posted this but you can already see the color in its legs. Other than the camera flash his legs look black. Guess hes already got some of the blue coloration.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool additions. Post more pics of the trapdoor if you get the chance.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You will probably find that GBB will happily take crickets the same size as itself, heads and all. Nothing I enjoy seeing more then a stupidly fat GBB, lol. I can't help but spoil them, they have that permanently hungry look.