2 broods 1 day heteroctenus/ rhopalurus junceus UPDATE!!

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I was doing daily rounds in the ol' scorp room when i saw 1 of my rhopalurus/heteroctenus junceus had finally had her 1st brood after over a year of being adult and the only female of 5 from that generation to not have a brood/broods yet (sadly she ate the old male that i mated her with but i think that was the trigger ) looks like a big brood for her too 20171002_222459.jpg
20171002_222522.jpg
Since this 1 just popped today and another female seemed to be hiding i took a quick look and ......
20171002_223316.jpg
Yep she sure was having a brood also and it looks like a HUGE brood this time. She just had a brood a few months ago and has had broods almost like clockwork
Hope you enjoy :)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Congrats! Happy to see more junceus coming up again! :) Great species!
This is how i like to see broods happen since both females were mated by different males from different bloodlines. Now ill be able to mix these 2 broods of babies once adult and always keep my bloodlines fresh !

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Between you and Dustin, I'm sure there will be an adequate supply of numerous scorpion species available to share.
For sure ! A couple years ago we agreed on keeping different species so we could offer more variety to others and it seems to be working out well. We also help each other keeping our bloodlines fresh ( im going to find him some new B jacksoni to freshen up his stock soon )

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
For sure ! A couple years ago we agreed on keeping different species so we could offer more variety to others and it seems to be working out well. We also help each other keeping our bloodlines fresh ( im going to find him some new B jacksoni to freshen up his stock soon )
Dustin and I are within a couple of miles from each other. My 1st scorps, C. gracilis, are from him. Thats what got me started keeping scorpions, I blame him. Lol!

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Dustin and I are within a couple of miles from each other. My 1st scorps, C. gracilis, are from him. Thats what got me started keeping scorpions, I blame him. Lol!
Oh I know but im sure you woulda started keeping them regardless. Its hard to say NO to a scorpion once you see them up close :)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Well i was hoping to get decent pics of the babies molting to 2i and the female that was hiding in the 2nd pic of the original post was out and about 20171005_183822.jpg
20171005_184859.jpg
Not only did i think she was having a huge brood ... now id have to say its the biggest brood of this species ive had yet (biggest brood so far was 53)
Theres so many on her and there was some inside the shell too !

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Well i was hoping to get decent pics of the babies molting to 2i and the female that was hiding in the 2nd pic of the original post was out and about View attachment 253982
View attachment 253983
Not only did i think she was having a huge brood ... now id have to say its the biggest brood of this species ive had yet (biggest brood so far was 53)
Theres so many on her and there was some inside the shell too !
Oh, poor momma, they're even on the tail and between the legs. I'm guessing the ones in the shell feel secure since theres no room on mom.
Those scorplings are vibrantly colored compared to the mother. They darken up once they age? Or are they a color morph?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Oh, poor momma, they're even on the tail and between the legs. I'm guessing the ones in the shell feel secure since theres no room on mom.
Those scorplings are vibrantly colored compared to the mother. They darken up once they age? Or are they a color morph?
Yeah she had a bunch and alot of times ill find the majority of the 2i babies on the shell due to the shell holding decent moisture for them. The shell makes it really easy to get them out when theyre ready also junceas 3rd brood shell a.JPG
Yeah they can become really dark with age also and are usually still a pretty orange color before they get old. There is a bit of a color morph in them also as some mature with the blue color on half the tail and some have a maroon color to them but base color of body is still bright orange.
Heres 2 examples
20171006_193236.jpg
Female on left with maroon tail - male with blue
IMG00001-20160420-2346.jpg
Male on left with maroon tail and female with blue.
You cant tell which color theyll be either until they mature but i seem to have an even amount of both in my broods

There is a really dark morph of Junceus also but im sure it may have already been reclassified/ renamed by now

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Yeah she had a bunch and alot of times ill find the majority of the 2i babies on the shell due to the shell holding decent moisture for them. The shell makes it really easy to get them out when theyre ready also View attachment 254047
Yeah they can become really dark with age also and are usually still a pretty orange color before they get old. There is a bit of a color morph in them also as some mature with the blue color on half the tail and some have a maroon color to them but base color of body is still bright orange.
Heres 2 examples
View attachment 254048
Female on left with maroon tail - male with blue
View attachment 254049
Male on left with maroon tail and female with blue.
You cant tell which color theyll be either until they mature but i seem to have an even amount of both in my broods

There is a really dark morph of Junceus also but im sure it may have already been reclassified/ renamed by now
That blue color is eye catching for sure.
I need to get some colorful species in my collection. :)

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
Looking for a few of these too! I have a 6i Male that needs a girlfriend but am willing to take a few babies instead! Le me know