16-legged freaks

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe submitting photos etc to a scientific journal would be cool too. Gets you official notice instead of just a 'weird news' segment.

Not that there is anything wrong with being on the 'weird news'....

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Cooper said:
I have seen that, it was pretty cool.

I seen that pic a couple of times. I thought it was amazing!!

However, this is very cool as well! I would love to keep hearing the updates!

Keep us posted!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Freaky but awsome at the same time! I hope they can make it through 2nd instar! Good Luck Garrick!

James

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found them dead today :8o

No molt, but the one with two abdomens was darkening.

Bryan, if you want to have a look, I can 1st class 'em to you (you may want to use a magnifying glass). Just be sure to send them back promptly.

-Garrick

Last edited:

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's to bad, I was really looking foreward to seing how they would have grown and acted at maturity. Oh well, cant expect too much with things like that. Any more pics to share?

Sorry for your loss, at least you still have many more slings to care for. Thanks so much for sharing those pics with us, very exciting. :D

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Bummer, well I can't say that I didn't expect it, but it is still disheartening

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry to hear.. there really wasn't much chance for the little guys...
was definately a unique situation and unfortunately tarantula surgery isn't really an option..

but yeah, thanks for the update... and the whole 16 legged freak incident..

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Wow Garrick, that was cool. Thanks for sharing and I'm sorry for the loss. Have you contacted R.I.E.S.M. to see if they want the bodies? Or the ATS maybe? It would be cool if they could contribute something to T science!!

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know what to do with them actually. Does anyone know of a school that does anything with arthropod genetics? CM, you know anything about that? Maybe they'd be interested.

-Garrick
eight

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Garrick said:
I don't know what to do with them actually. Does anyone know of a school that does anything with arthropod genetics? CM, you know anything about that? Maybe they'd be interested.

-Garrick
eight
Garrick, please check with Kerry at R.I.E.S.M. See the sticky at the top of this forum. They are doing wondeful work with Ts, and if they can't use the bodies for their research, they can sure direct you to someone who can!!!