14 free tarantulas! M.balfouri, G. pulchra. I need help identifying some of them!

boina

Lady of the mites
Could be G. actaeon.
No, I think it's iheringi. Iheringi has clearly brown hair on the legs whereas actaeon has grey/black. The difference is obvious in person. Further, iheringi has this very obvious whirl on the abdomen where the hairs part in the middle. Actaeon doesn't have that, either not at oll or at least a lot less obvious. I own both species.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No, I think it's iheringi. Iheringi has clearly brown hair on the legs whereas actaeon has grey/black. The difference is obvious in person. Further, iheringi has this very obvious whirl on the abdomen where the hairs part in the middle. Actaeon doesn't have that, either not at oll or at least a lot less obvious. I own both species.
This is interesting. I have seen few pics of actaeon, tons of iheringi. I'd like to see dorsal view pics of both of your species which exhibit what you mention, most interesting.

boina

Lady of the mites
This is interesting. I have seen few pics of actaeon, tons of iheringi. I'd like to see dorsal view pics of both of your species which exhibit what you mention, most interesting.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of my actaeon in the cherry red phase, so she's dark red already in this pic, but the hair structure stays the same, so just imagine the hairs of the actaeon being more red:

IMG_7403a.jpg

iheringi - more hair, too:
IMG_4224a.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is interesting @boina I had attributed the waviness seen on iheringi at times to specimen variation, not species difference between actaeon. My acateon just molted today, she's about 6" now. I sure do miss that cherry red.

awiec

Arachnoprince
This is interesting @boina I had attributed the waviness seen on iheringi at times to specimen variation, not species difference between actaeon. My acateon just molted today, she's about 6" now. I sure do miss that cherry red.
Young G.iheringi also have a very prominent half moon shaped mirror patch like the one shown in the OP's picture, less obvious as adults.

Tj Leonard

Arachnopeon
Wow you got a steal what page were you looking at? I live in Houston too my husband and I just got some ts and building up our collection too! We’re always looking for t friends...

Edit didn’t see the name on top
Ive been building my collection back for 2 months. So it was dead at work, and was facebook surfing looking around and low and behold a guy on the worldwide tarantula owners was giving away his tarantulas in houston (i live in nearby area)! The post was about an hour old and had a bunch of comments already so I didnt get to excited cause it was a first come first serve situation and didnt get off work for about two hours and it was an hour drive.
My wife decided to be amazing and got there first! We expected one or 2 but low and behold sitting out in front of this nice house were 12 kritter keepers of various sizes and 2 acrylic tanks all unlabeled! The only species that my wife was familiar enough with was M. balfouri and G. pulchra and pulchripes. Needless to say I am beyond excited, just off the species that i was familiar enough to identify on my own (my wife had a funny experience with her second OBT that was shocking). I am completely comfortable with my diagnoses of G. pulchra and pulchripes, the M. balfouri’s look like M. balfouri slings and are in beanie baby container communally, the obt is etched in my mind because of the shock of all these slow moving nw worlds and baam orange bitey thing in a cave... the GBB is beautifully colored. The other ones im not to sure on.
Hey, u guys have any birdeaters outta all those?? ? And do u wanna part with them??? I have 2 Pink Ts and want to breed them but also looking for the other 2 birdeaters as slings.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel