10 Month Old Ivories

mickiem

Arachnoprince
IMG_4098.JPG Just thought they were cute enough to take a pic! They are always out and exploring their world. One of my favorites and these were my first to breed.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Such cuties! Are they separated from the adults?
Yes. When they were about 3 months old I had a die off and I thought they may be overcrowded. I had over 1,000 babies with about 14 females. I decided to rehouse them and give them fresh substrate. They have done fine since they got their own enclosure. And the parents started over. :rolleyes:

Jp1776

Arachnopeon
A 1000 babies! Someone must have been busy :)

Do you sell or just have a massive colony?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
A 1000 babies! Someone must have been busy :)

Do you sell or just have a massive colony?
Both! I will eventually have to sell some. The ivories aren't really big enough. Trying to decide how many to keep, etc. I have lots of other types; most with babies. I enjoy watching them for now. :wideyed:

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
Is it recommended to separate pedelings from adults? This is the first I've heard of this.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Is it recommended to separate pedelings from adults? This is the first I've heard of this.
No, I don't think so. I was very unclear as to the cause if the die off. I'm still not sure but I suspect there was a lack of edible substrate. I separated them so I could keep the babies in a more shallow enclosure and keep an eye on them. I add substrate as they grow to give depth for tunneling and for food. I've always kept the pedelings right in with the parents and haven't had problems. This was just a freak thing. No one should have that many children. :D

Marika

Arachnoangel
And I thought that I had lots of pedelings :D This species is one of my favorites too, they are so active and cute.

Cazador

Arachnosquire
If you ever start selling, I'm buying! Becuase despite living in Florida I've never been able to find these guys. :mad: