<1/4 sling hasn't molted in over a month

emarie

Arachnopeon
Found a very small sling (<1/4in) at a roadside feed store. The owner didn't know what they were, he said someone dropped off a twenty gallon full of slings and some adult ts. I have now had the tiny sling for over a month. It is a good eater I feed it every other day. I have had many slings in the past, but this is by far the slowest grower. I got a red knee a few weeks before and that has already molted and is now in premolt while this little guy shows no sign of premolt . What slings take this long to molt?

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I have a homoeomma chilensis that hasn’t molted in almost a year, it’s 1/2”. The other one I got has molted twice and it was purchased the same time and same size.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Found a very small sling (<1/4in) at a roadside feed store. The owner didn't know what they were, he said someone dropped off a twenty gallon full of slings and some adult ts. I have now had the tiny sling for over a month. It is a good eater I feed it every other day. I have had many slings in the past, but this is by far the slowest grower. I got a red knee a few weeks before and that has already molted and is now in premolt while this little guy shows no sign of premolt . What slings take this long to molt?
As long as it's eating and healthy don't worry about why it's growing so slowly. There's no set schedule for when any species of tarantula will molt

sourpatchkid

Arachnopeon
What temperature is your home set to? If it’s too cool, then they’ll molt at a slower rate

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I have a maybe 1/2 inch B. schroederi that hasn't molted in over 4 months, and a roughly 1 inch G. pulchra sling that hasn't molted in about 8 or 9 months. So one month is absolutely nothing if it's a slow grower.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Aphonopelma is another, “I don’t wanna grow up” genus.