1/4 sling enclosure

Shockme2

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
Would the attached pill style bottle work for 1/4" slings? I know people use the clear type, but have a supply of the colored plastic. I appreciate any and all responses. 20180918_160918.jpg

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thank you. I just ordered some off Amazon.
Pro tip from a broke college student: You can always go into a restaurant or a grocery store with a deli and ask for a few and they’ll usually give some to you for free. Was able to get 20x 16 oz deli cups for free today along with some plastic salad contained (or whatever you call them).

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Depends on the sling type, if you ask me... but I severely dislike those darn little condiment cups lol

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
walmart has plastic snack cups.. 20 for 3 bucks.. work great for slings.

Djv44spider

Arachnopeon
I am about to get my first sling, a 1/4 b. Albopilosum and got one of the sling enclosures on Jamie's tarantulas. If I get into raising slings, those acrylic cases while more expensive look awesome

cold blood

Staff member
I am about to get my first sling, a 1/4 b. Albopilosum and got one of the sling enclosures on Jamie's tarantulas. If I get into raising slings, those acrylic cases while more expensive look awesome
Horrible vessels for raising slings though....too deep, too much height and too much space....also inadequately ventilated with that mesh circle

Djv44spider

Arachnopeon
Horrible vessels for raising slings though....too deep, too much height and too much space....also inadequately ventilated with that mesh circle
Good to know. From what I heard about them before joining here was very positive. I'll be getting it tomorrow and have the tools to add ventilation if necessary. I think if I do get into raising slings and dont like the modifications to the acyrillic enclosure I would try the dramamine bottles. Thank you for the advice!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Depends entirely on the size of your slings, for terrestrial slings at 1/4'' and below I always keep them in smaller vials...they could get lost pretty easily in one of those condiment cups.
20180906_201201.jpg

Djv44spider

Arachnopeon
I'm so excited to get my first sling, a b. Albopilosum tomorrow. Great as to learn so much actual info on here

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Pro tip from a broke college student: You can always go into a restaurant or a grocery store with a deli and ask for a few and they’ll usually give some to you for free. Was able to get 20x 16 oz deli cups for free today along with some plastic salad contained (or whatever you call them).
That's cool, haven't thought to try the deli. Thanks! Going along with this theme, sometimes I've thought of bringing the condiment containers home from fast food restaurants (provided they're large enough and have lids).

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
That's cool, hadn't thought to try the deli. Thanks! Going along with this theme, sometimes I've thought of bringing the condiment containers home from fast food restaurants (provided they're large enough and have lids).
I was shot down the other day from Walmart, the lady just stared at me and then told me no then asked why. But if you have a Mariano’s nearby, you can just take a bunch yourself, which is what I did the other day. They also have 32 oz containers that would work well for arboreals.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I was shot down the other day from Walmart, the lady just stared at me and then told me no then asked why. But if you have a Mariano’s nearby, you can just take a bunch yourself, which is what I did the other day. They also have 32 oz containers that would work well for arboreals.
I've gotten those looks before :wideyed:.

This is wonderful because I've been spending quite a bit on containers lately. I actually buy the mini-cinnamon buns just for their container :p and those are like $5. I have no trouble getting rid of the cinnamon buns though, haha.

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Update: if you have a Whole Foods near you, I much prefer the deli containers they have there since they’re more transparent and the lids come on and off easier. ;)

Last edited:

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
I go to craft and hobby stores and get small paint mixing vials they come in all sorts of sises and are sturdy ,clear and easy to open if ya got fumble fingers!