'06 Herping Update(s):

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's July, so the herping is in more or less of a slump in my neck of the woods. Road hunting is for the birds, no pun intended; so, as it cools I'll be out some more, but here are some of the highlights for now:

Chelydra serpentina

Agkistrodon contortrix phaeogaster

Sistrurus catenatus tergeminus

Agkistrodon contortrix phaeogaster (in situ)

Nerodia sipedon

Tropidoclonion lineatum

Pituophis catenifer

This is the largest Carphophis vermis I've ever seen. After an attempt or twelve at measuring it, we found it to be in the ball park of 13.75-14 inches.

David F, Brian S, and some others might recognize that handsome gent in the background from the VenomList...

Crotaphytus collaris, which Jordan caught, since I haven't got the speed, I'm afraid...

Anyway, that's it for now.

Adios amigos,
-Matt

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hahaha! Not yet, but from what I understand they're in extremely specific/isolated locales. That said, I lived in FL from 04-05 and they're all over down there. Anyway, here's just a bit from someone who has seen/herped for them.

Best,
-Matt

rattler_mt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that Pituophis catenifer looks just like ours. for such a large range they sure dont have alot of variation i cant tell the difference between those caught in TX by a friend and the ones i catch. i much prefer messing with the adults to the juvis. 6 foot adults dont seem to concerned over me messing with it if i go easy. the young ones have one hell of a chip on their shoulder till they hit about 4 foot and i either get bit or musked on every dang time

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics, Matt. That is a HUGE worm snake and that little copperhead looks like he's full of piss and vinegar! {D