$0 Terrestrial enclosure

ScutigeraJine

Arachnopeon
Anansi's current enclosure, I put aspen bedding I got for my snakes, a bottle cap with regular water, a shoe shaper and I cut a rubber phone case in half as well, underneath is a piece of cereal for a roach I threw in there, yes to lure it to the spider.
It's inside a 19 inch reptile carrier.
I really liked how this one turned out.

Attachments

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is this for a tarantula? Wood shavings are toxic to tarantulas, I wouldn't even trust aspen. Also a terrestrial tarantula needs to be able to burrow and cannot properly do this on this substrate.

ScutigeraJine

Arachnopeon
Is this for a tarantula? Wood shavings are toxic to tarantulas, I wouldn't even trust aspen. Also a terrestrial tarantula needs to be able to burrow and cannot properly do this on this substrate.
the bedding isn't something you have to do, I just put aspen as it was the only thing I had on hand, this was just showing what I have & to give other people some ideas if they need it.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Edit: I realized this thread is two years old and I don't think the original poster even uses Arachnoboards any more.

Sorry about that,

Arthroverts

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
This is an old thread but in case a newbie sees it since it has been revived: don't use bark or other sharp things as substrate and use hides that have less space.

KenD

Arachnosquire
What is Anasi?
Anansi is a trickster god from West African mythology/folktales that takes the form of a spider. And I'll take this opportunity to recommend Neil Gaiman's fantastic novel "Anansi Boys", a must read especially for spider enthusiasts

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
Not only is this set up pretty bad, the tank itself isn't a great one to use for a terrestrial. Usually you want something wide with a lower ceiling to allow room to wander but a very short drop if they were to fall from the top. This set up is just something I would 100% not recommend.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Fellows, this thread is 2 years old, and it doesn't look like the OP even has an account on here anymore.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I find that set-up mildly disturbing and shocking, I can't imagine a spiderling forced to suffer in it. Hopefully this person left the hobby or since educated themselves.