• The Tarantula Keeper's Record 2.0

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone know of another program like this for record keeping?

This seams like an EASY decent program, real straight forward and user friendly, however it's VERY clunky. I keep getting unhanded errors; while trying to bring up previous records.

Does anyone know if there is a repair option in the set up files; or if there is another program altogether?

I could probably make my own Excel file, but I'm too lazy and unorganized to put it together.

Thanks,
Jetta

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry, never had problems with it myself. :(

~Fred

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm

I emailed the website/designer to see if there was anything that I can do. Hopefully, I'll get a reply back soon. I can't access any records at this time.

Anyone else have the same problem or HAD the same problem in the past, what was the fix?

Thanks!

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
where can i get this program? I have heard about in in past posts but never been able to find it

Derek

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey thanks for the fast reply and thank you for the link
sorry to steal the post...

Derek

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does your error message say something about a picture? If I move a picture that is in use by TK2, then I can't open that T file until I upload a different picture.

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not at my home PC right now, but I don't think it mentioned anything about a picture.

I just got an email back from the website/designer - he was very friendly and offered to help me with the problem, when I get home I'm going to give him the exact error messages and forward him an XML file from the program, hopefully this will help.

I'm really suprised I got a reply back from the designer (or help support people) so quickly, I'm impressed.

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
waldo said:
Does your error message say something about a picture? If I move a picture that is in use by TK2, then I can't open that T file until I upload a different picture.
Waldo, I just got home and took a look at the error message - it in fact referenced the picture; if memory serves me right - I cleaned up my computer about a week ago and renamed and relocated my pictures; it's been at least that long since I opened the T.Keepers 2.0.

I was able to re-name the files and upload the images again and wahla the program is working again.

Thanks for the suggestion/info - it worked.

Jetta

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In case that happens again, just right click on the T record and then select a new picture for it, that way you dont have to track your steps back...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cool

This is a pimp little program, sure beats the excel thing I was trying to keep together.:clap:

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why does it need the .NET program to run? What is it doing talking to the internet?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It needs the net? I did not even notice that..... will it not run without it?

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah you have to already have on your computer or down load .NET wich is a microsoft program that enables other program to talk to the inter net whenever a connection is established (to the internet) regarless of whether or not the program (tk2.0) or other programs that use .NET are even running

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just tried it off the net and it worked. And I made sure I turned off the connection.

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no you dont have to be connected for it to work but when you do connect the program will connect to the internet with out you seeing it doing so by using the .NET program which has to be on you comp to even install TK2.0

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just because it uses .NET doesn't mean it connects to the Internet for anything...

It's a framework and collection of libraries...the author could very well just like using it. :)

~Fred

Derekool

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
also i was just thinking that if this program was updated then whenever you get on the web it will look for its own update so you do not have to do it manualy?

Derek