“Cricket Soup”

Anubis2

Arachnosquire
I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to resort to making “cricket soup” for my T. My question is how often should I change the mashed up food? Or better yet how many time to I made the mixture til I know my T has eaten?

Anubis2

Arachnosquire
Yes there may of been a molt issue.
I wish my T would go up against the enclosure so I can see better but it never does.
I’m thinking the chelicerae may of gotten stuck in the molt? But when I shine a light where theres no chelicerae I see what may be a fang. Obviously this is my first T and I’ve never experienced this so any help would be amazing and well received

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm very confused... so you think your T lost a fang/chelicera in the molt? Or you think the old molt is stuck to it? A missi g chelicera you can see from the dorsal (top) view. But to determine fang issues, you do need a ventral view.

I would give the spider time to harden and then get it in a catch cup so you can see/photograph it ventrally.

Have you tried feeding at all yet? If so, provide details... nothing in your other post indicated failed feedings, so I am wondering why the immediate jump to "cricket soup" without first even confirming an issue with the spider.

Anubis2

Arachnosquire
It’s been probably a little over 2 weeks since the molt. This was the best picture I could get the next day after it molted. After about a week I tried feeding it both dead and love mealworms. Normally when it ate before the mealworm would be moved from where I placed it originally. This time nothing.
When I shone I light on the T last night, on the left side there’s a chelicerae, but on the right there isn’t; but there is soemthing shiny.

Attachments