1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

»ARACHNE« - the journal for keepers of tarantulas and other arachnids

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by Martin H., May 1, 2005.

1. Martin H.

Martin H. Arachnoangel Old Timer

Advertisement

The »ARACHNE« is the club magazine of the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e.V. - the world's largest tarantula society!

It's published every second month. On app. 46 pages members find articles - including short summaries in English - around arachnids, focussing on tarantulas.

The format of the Journal is DIN A5 (148 x 210 mm / ~5,8 x ~8,2 inch). It's full colour and printed on high quality glossy paper.
    There is a reading-sample available as free PDF file: >>click here<<
    Topics of previous issues can be found here >>click here<< and here >>click here<<.

Meanwhile, »ARACHNE« has reached the status of a leading journal for European arachnologists.

For more information about the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e.V. (DeArGe): >>click here<<

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  2. Michael Jacobi

Michael Jacobi RETIRED/RARELY USE AB Arachnosupporter

"ARACHNE" is a very high quality publication both in content and production. It is my own lofty goal to have my own "ARACHNOCULTURE" gain the readership that will allow for such nice printing.

I highly recommend that all serious hobbyists join DeArGe and receive "ARACHNE" even though it is a German language magazine. Martin mentions the status "ARACHNE" has reached among European arachnologists. If its influence indeed spreads across Europe, and DeArGe is the "world['s] largest tarantula society" as claimed, I would think that it is time the journal published an English edition so it is accessible internationally.

Cheers,

Michael