New Stout Leg

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I went down to Regal Reptiles in Providence to look for a versicolor for my friend and well...if anyone is familiar with Regal then they might know that Scott left the invert room there and since then they haven't had anyone to replace him...that being said their selection was basically what Scott left behind which isn't much at this point. But anyway, I saw this little guy (or girl I assume) and had to grab it so here he is...but I was wondering what's the big difference between E. pachypus (which is what I think this is) and E. longiceps? I'm kinda wondering which this one is because to me they look nearly the same so I don't really know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the main difference is size, the longiceps is bigger but im not sure of the size ranges , sorry

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awsome... just planning to get one of these next week. Great T!

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm fairly sure that longiceps has reddish 'guard hairs' on its abdomen (and a bit longer of hairs), as opposed to a uniform brown (and shorter hairs)
Fairly sure that pic is of E. Pachypus

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is one beautiful creature. I am jealous!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like E. Pachypus to me. i'd love to have one of those!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very gorgeous T! whats the size?
I should be getting one of these tomorrow!!!

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice!! I just picked up a 3 1/2 inch female for $10 a couple weeks ago.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just picked up a half inch sling last night to go along with my 2 females that I already had, very cool little ones... Greg

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
Very gorgeous T! whats the size?
I should be getting one of these tomorrow!!!
It's no more than 3" and I'm pretty sure it's a female because as I understand it, the males don't have such pronounced legs like this

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blasphemy said:
It's no more than 3" and I'm pretty sure it's a female because as I understand it, the males don't have such pronounced legs like this
Oh that is definitely a female, the male don't get the thick back legs and only get to be around 2" scrawny little things ( in a cute way though)... Greg

Edit: Add, I just found a picture of a male I had last year, she was very big next to him and she is a small female not even 3"

She unfortunately molted by the way...

Last edited:

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
Oh that is definitely a female, the male don't get the thick back legs and only get to be around 2" scrawny little things ( in a cute way though)... Greg
Awesome, maybe I should find me a scrawny little male to breed her with because I really like these little guys :D

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:

Edit: Add, I just found a picture of a male I had last year, she was very big next to him and she is a small female not even 3"

She unfortunately molted by the way...
Did she eat him? Is that why you couldn't try again?

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breeding was very easy with these two but the male would have nothing to do with my larger female so after I had him for about a month I left him in with her and they lived fine together for about 2 months but she did finally eat him and then a few months after that she molted. Not common to find CB slings of these so I was real happy to find some and may just go back and get another one or two :D ...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was curious do the slings show any signs of the bigger thicker rear legs?

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
I was curious do the slings show any signs of the bigger thicker rear legs?
Tell you the truth these are the first slings of this species that I have ever seen, I helped the dealer that has them re-vial them when he got them and I didn't notice any sign of thicker legs on any of them so it will be interesting to see just when they do start showing signs... Here is a quick pic. I just took...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
wow doesnt even look like it! i wonder when it will begin to show signs.

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow they almost look like G. pulchra babies, that's awesome...keep us up to date when it starts showing off those legs

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
very nice lookin stoutleg man! and, where did you find one for $10?!?! your lucky haha