Has anyone ever dealt with Robert Lambskein?

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Robert is holding a few tarantulas for me. Before I think about sending any $$$ I need to know if this guy is on the level. Most of you know there have been a few bad apples around lately. After the latest scam by "Doc" where some of you did send out money and I almost did, I'm getting pretty worried about making any deals with unknown persons.

Any info on this guy?

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by esmoot
Robert is holding a few tarantulas for me. Before I think about sending any $$$ I need to know if this guy is on the level. Most of you know there have been a few bad apples around lately. After the latest scam by "Doc" where some of you did send out money and I almost did, I'm getting pretty worried about making any deals with unknown persons.

Any info on this guy?

Well i'll let you know.
I will sending him some money on Monday.02/02/04
I am suposed to recieve my scorps on wedness day.
I have talked with him alot in the last week.It sounds like he is ok.
I'll let you know.
Bryan

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Please PM or Email any further information to Esmoot.

Thanks,

Scott

kanezoological

Arachnopeon
Warning Hobbyists!! Important!!

Hello Fellow Hobbyists!!

Today a gentleman by the name of Alex Hoss came to my store. He wrote me a check for some animals he purchased....I went to cash the check (it was a Soverign Bank Check which is local here), the check was no good...He also stole 1 bearded dragon in August, but I recovered it...Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me....Anyway...this person has some odd connection to Robert Labskin who has been advertising alot of animals for sale as of late....I have spoke with Robert 'Robbie', he has claimed several times that he wishes to sell me inventory in bulk numbers and wants to come down to do so...I mean if he's coming down with stock in hand I'll buy it...but he has so far flaked out on every visit.....I believe I may know Robert from when I used to be at Regal Reptiles, he used to come in on the weekends and buy one or two of alot of stuff...so at first I thought his posts were valid...however here is the Alex Hoss connection....

I have heard from a friend of mine who I don't want to name here but says he will post after this confirming that 'Robbie' requested that money be mailed into Alex Hoss's address....

BEWARE!!!!!!! I don't know what is going on, has anybody received their animals...all I knwo is I am sitting here with a bad check (the teller said the acct balance was no where near the amt the check was written for)...and people are telling me they sent money to this guy....

DO NOT PAY UP FRONT!!! I NEVER PAY FOR INVENTORY UP-FRONT EXCEPT FOR FROM A LARGE COMPANY...FOR THIS EXACT REASON...

For more information feel free to call me at 401-230-0094!!

***Robert, if you are a trustworthy individual I am not doing this to hurt you, and I still would like to purcahse these animals from you, however I was ripped off by someone you are having payments sent to....and don't want others to be ripped off.....

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! IF ANYONE HAS HAD SUCCESSFULL DEALINGS WITH MR.LABSKIN PLEASE POST!!

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A follow up to the latest warning post in the classifieds.

Since I can not reply in the classifieds I'm posting here.

I can confirm that Robert Lambskein asked me to send a Postal money order to an Alex or Alexender Hoss. Another person told me he asked them to send payment to a Scott Robbins.

I have been in contact with Robert for several days now. Robert has not been willing to give me a phone # so it has been a bit hard to confirm his story.

Robert was not willing to ship before receiving payment, which I can understand I guess. I am not making any judgements at this point, just backing up what Pat and I have found out about Alex Hoss.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Do not post in this thread unless you have 1st hand information regarding this person.

Thanks

Scott

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: A follow up to the latest warning post in the classifieds.

Crap... I just sent out a Money Order to this guy through his friend, "Scott Robbins." I sent it today... I'm going to cancel it tomorrow and wait to see how everything plays out. Thanks everyone!

-Kelly

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i was going to buy a 1.1 adult pair of A. bicolors but i changed my mind when he told me to send the money order to his friend robby? thats weird because he did'nt mention this alex guy or scott robbins to me, he also did'nt provide a phone number or any pics..hmmm

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

btw: i have received around 6 emails from different people inquiring about him and asking me if i had received anything from him, one of the people said in their email that they are having a problem ,i will e-mail him to see if i can get any specific details. Jeff

UPDATE,

i received an e-mail from one guy that sent him 200.00, he said that robert is trying to keep the sale from his wife, did not give a number and has not contacted him ever since, i gave the guy a link to this thread in hopes that we can find out some more info.

Last edited:

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Guys. Please note that Pat and I are just providing information and only facts. We are not saying do not do business with him just protect yourself.

Remember the Murdock Holmes story myself and Vince warned you about. I'm not saying this guy is another "Doc" at this point but some alarms need to go off when he asks for such wierd terms.

I hope every one gets their t's and scorps from him just fine. I do think the whole Alex Hoss connection is another flag though.

Use the info as you see fit and please post any updates and if you receive your animals.

Eric

Ct2608

Arachnopeon
Robert Lamskein

I was stupid enough to send money overnight and now I have not received any replies from this guy. So I guess buyer beware. i have not heard from anyone who has received anything.

Update:
One person has emailed me stating he is in communication with RL. He Or she stats that he is getting his stuff on friday per RL. And another person eamiled stating he was kicked out of his house by his wife.Other than that no one has communicated or recived anything that i am aware of. I will persue this to the fullest for fraud. Anyone here anything please let me know. i am not letting this go.

Update:
I received an email from him this afternoon 2-5-04 stated he was having problems and was leaving again. no mention of when my animals were going to be sent. he did offer my money back. I reponded. we will see.

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I also have sent a MO overnight to "Robbie". Well I actually sent it to Scott Robbins and it was signed for yesterday. "Robbie" called me once and we spoke for awhile but the number he called from was Private. I recieved an email from Robbie last night saying not to worry and that he'd email me the tracking number today. So far I havn't heard anything.

Lorraine

Arachnopeon
I did, too.....

I also sent money - on Monday. I got a note that he would send today and give me a tracking number by noon today. I have not heard from him since last night. I was told about the wife and Scott Robbins was the receiver. What was everyone supposed to get, specifically? Just curious. He might be legit..... and if I get my animals, I will post to that effect.

Ct2608

Arachnopeon
Re: Robert Lambskein

Can everyone email me with their list of animals. I want to see if anyone was duplicated. this will answer if he is legit. I paid with postal M.O. and sent it USPS. That is mail fraud and the Postmaster in the area can check it out. Thanks.

Scott

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Escrow update

Last edited:

Lorraine

Arachnopeon
R.Lambskein

I guess we are all just waiting to see if the guy is just going through something and intends to honor his sales or if it is something more sinister. I "bought" the three blue fangs he had listed and Southern Spider Works says he did, too. That's suspicious.

Kopys creepers

Arachnopeon
R. lambskeemer

I to was promised the three blue fang Tarantulas. I also was asked to overnight the payment for Tues. seems like it was all planned out. and now "no reply at all "(phil collins). Jaimie

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer

Last edited: