• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Phormictopus cancerides

LasidoraGT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya, ya, im a moron. i was letting my cancerides crawl on me and she was on my leg all calm and stuff but when she was on my leg, i must have twiched or something and scared her and she bit down. its REALLY itchy

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
On November 25/09 I got bit by our ~2.5" P. cancerides. I did it on purpose, I wanted to know what it was like and I was all high on adrenaline (I had already been bit by our 4' corn snake that day, not on purpose). I touched his back leg and he whirled around, made contact on my index finger on my left hand for maybe a second and ran off. I didn't even think I got tagged, but about half an hour later I started to feel a dull ache in my finger and it was a bit stiff. It kind of felt like I hit my knuckle on something. There weren't any visible puncture wounds, and the ache went away after a few hours. The next day (Nov 26) it was still stiff but that was about it. On a scale from 1-10, with 1 being an extremely minimal amount of pain, I'd say it was a 1.

Mackenzie

Last edited:

spiderdan1331

Arachnopeon
my P.cancerides got me pretty good a few months back. it was my first and only T bite iv gotten in nearly 20 years of owning Ts...
in this case i was actually appreciative of the bite, because i didnt even know she was missing until i reached beside the couch and got bit by what i assumed was 1 of my rats who may have gotten loose.
it hurt!...it left 2 immediatly bleeding fang marks and obvious immediate pain.
strange this is, there was little swelling and little pain until the next day around lunch time when my hand felt all cramped up and i couldnt make a fist.
there were nearly no symtoms 24 hours later

...oh yeah, my P.cancerides is about 8"