Plants

AKCeltics19

Arachnopeon
Does anybody know of any good plants or mushrooms that I can put in my Emperor scoprion tank? The tanks is bare and needs some height. I am using a red heat light, but I can get some sunlight through the window. I rather not use fake plants if I can help it.

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A lot of people here will tell you not to use live plants, but I have some in my tank and I enjoy them. I got them so I would have something to look at when my emps are hiding, which is most of the time. I use a fluorecent hood on a timer which works great. The downside is you may get some small nasties hitch hiking in the plants soil, there is extra mantainance (triming), and your scorp may uproot a plants or two. I used small spiders to take out the nasties. Make sure to get tropical plants that can stand low light levels. I have a fern, some kind of tropical vine, and an orchid. Good luck!

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I usually use ficus pumila and epipremnum, though ficus is better off with a bit of light.

I always use live plants. Can't imagine how it would hurt.

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have used plants, but to be perfectly honest, you have to makesure you get the right ones, as my scorps hacked my ones to pieces, and what they didnt kill the crickets and locusts finished off. For the short time they lived it looked good though. But if your gona get some they need to be realy hardy